Big update to Cycles 4D with bloom and glare, rendering of Matrix objects, and more!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  12 December 2017
Big update to Cycles 4D with bloom and glare, rendering of Matrix objects, and more!

I'm very excited about this!
https://insydium.ltd/news/latest-ne...-for-cycles-4d/

X-Particles 4 xpExplosiaFX direct rendering.
New Matrix Info node has been added to enable rendering of a Mograph Matrix object without geometry.
Post-effects such as Filmic, Bloom and Glare added to the cyCamera tag.
Cycles 4D materials can be baked to texture maps.
Material stacking in the same way as Cinema 4D materials.

And, this is the big one for me, some seriously useful updates to the (already great) node editor.
See some of the new features in action here:
https://vimeo.com/247121604
 
  12 December 2017
Well apart from the updater on OSX which appeared to hang, this is like using a completely different bit of software. When I opened the node editor I was amazed at how much smoother it was. Very clean design and what once was very sluggish is now really nippy. Still testing it but from what I can see it looks like a fantastic update
 
  12 December 2017
Im not sure how to render explosia with Cycles, I thought It was just adding an EFX material on the xpExplosiaFX object  but I got nothing on the render and viewport.

Nevermind, found it. its odd that I have to add the xpExplosiaFX into the object settings
__________________
demo videos
Close, open-relationship: C4D / Zbrush
Hate / love: Maya / Houdini
Former gf: XSI

Last edited by luisRiera : 12 December 2017 at 02:24 AM. Reason: found the solution
 
  12 December 2017
The updater works but still has that signature lag effect. Just move those windows to the side while updating and switch over to something else and let it run until it restarts C4D.
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by Blinny: The updater works but still has that signature lag effect. Just move those windows to the side while updating and switch over to something else and let it run until it restarts C4D.
Something not mentioned in the update information (as it only helps for the next update) is that we found why OSX would appear to "hang" and have fixed it. Of course, you will only benefit from this with the next update. It was a messaging issue within Cinema 4D / OSX which blocked the dialog from updating (the updater is working but the dialog can't update). Same issue is fixed in XP4 too, but we only 'found' how to fix this after the XP4 release (just before the Cycles 4D update). So this will be fixed in the next XP4 update which is soon (we are preparing a hotfix for some release issues).
__________________
INSYDIUM LTD
Managing Director/Director of Development

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by luisRiera: Im not sure how to render explosia with Cycles, I thought It was just adding an EFX material on the xpExplosiaFX object  but I got nothing on the render and viewport.

Nevermind, found it. its odd that I have to add the xpExplosiaFX into the object settings

How do you do it. Tearing my hair out here trying to work it out!
 
  12 December 2017
I have worked out how to get xplosia rendering in the preview with Cycles but when I render to the picture viewer I get nothing. Anyone know how I get a render output to the picture viewer.
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by obeardy: Something not mentioned in the update information (as it only helps for the next update) is that we found why OSX would appear to "hang" and have fixed it. Of course, you will only benefit from this with the next update. It was a messaging issue within Cinema 4D / OSX which blocked the dialog from updating (the updater is working but the dialog can't update). Same issue is fixed in XP4 too, but we only 'found' how to fix this after the XP4 release (just before the Cycles 4D update). So this will be fixed in the next XP4 update which is soon (we are preparing a hotfix for some release issues).
Good to know, David. Figured it was an OS / host app issue given the long-standing nature of it and how good you guys are about releasing service packs, etc.
 
  12 December 2017
xpExplosiaFX -Rendering Guide
Set up and render xpExplosiaFX from X-Particles 4 using Cycles 4D. And how to export the data as VDB data and use that to render in Redshift and Octane. Thought this might be useful for some of you x thanks
 
  12 December 2017
Fabulous. Will take a look
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by rsquires: I have worked out how to get xplosia rendering in the preview with Cycles but when I render to the picture viewer I get nothing. Anyone know how I get a render output to the picture viewer.
me too, no xplosia render to the Picture Viewer
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by bdjones: me too, no xplosia render to the Picture Viewer
You *must* cache the sim in order to render to picture viewer
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by interactiveBoy: You *must* cache the sim in order to render to picture viewer
I thought that might be the case. In the example that is shown in this thread interactive rendering doesn’t require this which threw me a little
 
  12 December 2017
Originally Posted by rsquires: I thought that might be the case. In the example that is shown in this thread interactive rendering doesn’t require this which threw me a little
It is not required to cache first, please contact our technical support directly so that we can help. Thanks.
__________________
INSYDIUM LTD
Managing Director/Director of Development

A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?
 
  01 January 2018
It seems the new iMac Pro's AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPUs dose not fully work with Cycles 4D. Once I add a Cycles 4D material to an object  the object turns black. When I switch back to device CPU rendering  the object material is correctly rendered. Anybody have thoughts about AMD GPU support with Cycles ?

Last edited by fxdog : 01 January 2018 at 04:32 AM.
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.