ianimate.net

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
ianimate.net

Well I can see no one opened a thread on this here yet so Ill start.
A few days ago ianimate was announce, it's pretty much like Animation Mentor only it's a bit cheaper
so it could be a good solution for some.

http://www.ianimate.net/

About the program
"JasonRyanAnimation.com and DigiCel, the makers of FlipBook have teamed up to create a new online animation school called ianimate.net. The purpose of the school is to train animators to produce feature quality animation in the shortest amount of time, without having to mortgage their future. All of our instructors are currently working in major studios, and can teach the students what they need to learn. Beyond the standard principles of animation, our students will learn the work flow that professional animators use and to previsualize their shots in FlipBook and bring their performances to feature film quality in Maya. Previsualizing like this is a major benefit because it helps the students understand animation frame by frame and it helps them get their vision of the scene in front of the director faster. That way if the director likes it, they’re that much further ahead and if it isn’t what he wanted, then less time was lost." taken from the website.

Any opinions about it?

07 July 2010
I personally am super excited. Jason Ryan is a great teacher, and after having watched his tutorials and webinars, I have complete faith in him. I learned more from him in listening to him talk for an hour than I did from a semester in school. He used to be a mentor at AM, and if anyone can make a school to top them, he can. I've already signed up and will be in the first semester this September!

07 July 2010
Jason is an amazing instructor.

07 July 2010
Thumbs up I'm in! yahooo!

Well, guys, I'm in. Semester 3. I can't wait to be there. This School is gonna be awesome, It has all the animator from dreamworks, It's like being trained by the Dreamworks Staff (like a internship). And the last Semester about the Team work Short, It's gonna be amazing.
Anybody else there for Semester 3? Can't wait to see my buddies! Greetings from Argentina!

08 August 2010
This is interesting as it seems to be modeled around a cirriculum very similar to Animation Mentor, a lot of the teachers are actually current or former AM mentors. I'm already in AM but I'm intrigued to see how ianimate goes.

08 August 2010
I like Jason Ryan's workflow and videos a lot.

The real test will be the students work that comes out. AM has the best student work that's why it's the best school.

$10,000 is a good price. Isn't Am $18,000?

08 August 2010
I applied today. Here's hoping I get in.

08 August 2010
10k, wow. I was thinking about doing AM, but, Jason Ryan is a great animator; I might consider this. I like the monthly payment option, that makes it alot easier to pay for, which is my biggest issue right now.

Looks like a good setup also.

08 August 2010
Quote: I like the monthly payment option, that makes it alot easier to pay for, which is my biggest issue right now.

Agreed. I got in, and will start in about two weeks. Absolutely stoked about it - the monthly pay option is great, and fits my budget exactly.

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by hvanderwegen: Agreed. I got in, and will start in about two weeks. Absolutely stoked about it - the monthly pay option is great, and fits my budget exactly.

Well, I'll see you in a couple weeks, sem 1 accepted, and paid; the monthly option is a great idea, I agree; I couldn't do something like that with AM.

I guess for me, it was the third school to get accepted to, that I was actually able to afford, that I'm going to; with great animators as teachers to boot!

08 August 2010
I've done some of the JR webinars and tutorials, and they are by far the best instruction I've ever had. After watching the webinar about the school, I am totally stoked! I believe it will be a great school! If you haven't watched it yet - do so!

08 August 2010
Cool stuff guys, I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on the program from you.

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by fig: Cool stuff guys, I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on the program from you.

So far, everyone that I've met in the community is pretty awesome. It looks like itll be a great time, we will keep you posted.

09 September 2010
Hey, for those of you who have applied and gotten in, did you just click on that iRegister link and fill out the information? Is that "Message" part like an application or that's just to register for the site, then they contact you about applying?

Thanks!

Thread Closed share thread