University Atrium

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
University Atrium

Well here's the next project I'm thinking of doing, and yes it may not be the most exciting scene but there is a reason why I'm choosing subjects like this. It's because I work for a university and would like to show clients environments that they'd be familiar with so that they can get an idea of what is possible. But I might have some artistic license, eg like hanging plants, or a plasma screen in that large support beam etc. Feel free to throw ideas my way.

PB
Blender 2.68, r58365, Mac OSX 10.8.4
www.twistedpancreas.com

08 August 2013
here's a little update with not a huge amount done and a lot of liitle things that need attention (ie gap above right side windows and left side door arch, bevel edges, higher poly arch window frame, weird stuff going on with frosted glass behind railings, more work on the carpet, etc). I'll put internal lighting for the dark corridor and kitchen in the background. But watchya think? I'm thinking interiors are easier to look more realistic compared to exteriors. PS Suzanne is there to see how the window warping is looking. Also does anyone know why the 90 degree angles of the railings become thinner around there (if I'm using a bezier curve)? Adjusting the twisting doesn't seem to fix it.

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

08 August 2013
Hey man,

Did you match the dimensions in your 3D scenes? Or are you just loosely basing your model on the photograph?

Are you extruding circles over curves for your rails? You'll need to add at least 4 points per corner to get a nice 90 bend with out any distortion.

-AJ

08 August 2013
Thanks AJ1,

yeah I've been eyeballing from photos.

What I've done is a bezier curve and used it's settings to make the railing (ie Fill set at Full and Bevel set to a Depth number, but maybe I need to extrude a circle like you say).

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

09 September 2013
I've been a bit busy with work, but here's the latest. More soon hopefully.

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

09 September 2013
So nearly there I might add a pot plant in the foreground and maybe play around more with that tree in the top right. Any final thoughts?

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

09 September 2013
And here's my final render, I may do a better render if I can work out a better way to remove the noise in the image (this was 1500 samples).

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

09 September 2013
You know I can see that there is a bit of noise in that but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the final result a lot. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

09 September 2013
Yeah thanks AncienRegime, I'm trying to work out how I can fix that without going to 100,000 render samples

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

09 September 2013
Most of the noise seems to be coming from the glass at the very back and along the left side at eye level. All the other surfaces seem very crisp and clean. I'm no expert on rendering that's for sure but can the noise be the result of all the refraction and reflections on the eye level glass with all that's going on there?

09 September 2013
Thanks AncienRegime,

yeah here it is done at 6000 samples which made it a lot clearer, but I might also try running it through some software that Andrew from Blender Guru recommends.

and here's a wireframe for anyone interested...

PB
www.twistedpancreas.com

Last edited by twistedpancreas : 09 September 2013 at 01:44 AM.

09 September 2013
Oh yeah that makes a difference alright. Looks good.

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread