New Hobbit Trailer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by Lars3D: I think the idea was to not only cover the hobbit, but also some of the events that took place after to better tie the hobbit into Lord of The Rings. Plus the battle of 5 armies will probably be a whole movie by itself even if it was only a page or 2 in the book.

I think the idea was to milk the "franchise" for all it's worth. Why make 1 blockbuster movie and make a billion $, when you can stretch out the story and make three times as much cash.
Anyone genuinely interested to see how the Hobbit ties into the LotR is best advised to give these movies a very wide berth and stop by their local bookstore on the way.

Last edited by DutchDimension : 11 November 2012 at 04:03 PM.

11 November 2012
Looking at the images and videos released so far, I think I'll be willing to pay for three tickets just for the visuals. If the movies are any good on top of that, I'll be quite happy.

11 November 2012
Visuals will be stunning, that's sure.

What scares me, is the "romantic" scenes that Jackson is directing, like he did 40 minutes of void in the LOTR with Aragorn and Aruen.
Will there be female hobbit in which Bilbo is in love? 40 minutes of Bilbo's writing letters to her during the trip. His sad eyes, his visions in dreams.
Will Gandalf yell: "Bilboooo.... Noooooooooooooo" in slow motion with tears in his eyes, when Hobbit and Dwarfs are captured by the Orcs in Misty Mountains? Will he cry, when he stays alone?

Much of Peter ability to direct those scenes, scares me to death.

11 November 2012
Quote: Maybe it's just that kids get more excited about movies when they are young, and that wears off when they get to 16 or 17.

Well, LOTR is much more about the books than the movies. It's a lot more mature and sober in writing.

As for the movies, it's quite the opposite with me. I was skeptical and very critical at first but as time went on, I accepted them as what they are: an adaptation. There's really bad stuff in the films but there's also really good stuff, for exemples Saruman, the orc general, the opening of the second movie, Ian holm as Bilbo, Galadriel is nice too except when she get terrible after the mirror... I also like most of Theoden parts and Brad Dourif as Grima.

As for the love scenes, there's the fast forward button.

I think Bilbo will be much the same. Scenes that will make me grind my teeth at the theater but that I will slowly become accustomed with as time pass.

12 December 2012
Just found this;

"In the original script, upon Faramir encountering Frodo, Samwise and Gollum, Faramir has a vision of how Frodo will look should the ring take complete hold of him."

http://www.movieramblings.com/2012/...the-two-towers/

Slightly disturbing! Sorry, not really Hobbit related... just cool!

12 December 2012
Well, it would take approximately 200-300 years for Frodo to look like that.
I don't think he would succeed that long hiding from Sauron, no matter where would he hide.
Bilbo had the ring, how long? 80 years, or something, and the ring only effect was that Bilbo didn't get older.
Remember that Hobits (even they look weak) are a very tough race. Maybe the strongest in avoiding and rejecting ring's evil.

So, imho, that would be another hole in the script.

12 December 2012
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...pected_journey/

Quote: It's not as bad as you feared, but not as good as you hoped.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by earwax69: Just found this;

"In the original script, upon Faramir encountering Frodo, Samwise and Gollum, Faramir has a vision of how Frodo will look should the ring take complete hold of him."

It always irritates me that even when "angry", Frodo (or rather Elijah Wood) still looks like he's just being whiny. He was always the weakest link in the movies for me. I thought the rest of the casting was pretty great.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by japetus: It always irritates me that even when "angry", Frodo (or rather Elijah Wood) still looks like he's just being whiny.

That used to annoy me too. Harry Potter was similar, expression hardly changed regardless of his mood.

12 December 2012
Quote: It always irritates me that even when "angry", Frodo (or rather Elijah Wood) still looks like he's just being whiny. He was always the weakest link in the movies for me. I thought the rest of the casting was pretty great.

I totally agree. Even when he's laughing it look fake. He kinda look the part but cannot really act it. He's at his best when he do nothing, like reading a book! ;P Just compare it to Ian Holm and you can feel the abysmal difference...

I am a bit dissapointed by the (Hobbit) reviews sor far. Might have been better with only 2 films? probably. I'll go see it anyway of course! Gotta see that 3D Gandalf!

12 December 2012
6 minutes of the hobbit and another 25 minutes of behind the scenes.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-...scenes-footage/

Gollum looks fantastic and boy did they build a lot of great sets. Can't wait to see the movie and the other 100 hours of behind the scenes or whatever.

12 December 2012
For god's sake, can't they stop with the Wilhelm scream?! Suspension of disbelief right out of the window each time. 10 years ago ok but now, the joke is over.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by earwax69: Just found this;

He looks like a Predator on those photos...

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread