makign an FFD modifier ignore unselected vertices without changing the lattice volume

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
makign an FFD modifier ignore unselected vertices without changing the lattice volume

I have a modifier stack that looks like this so far:
FFD 2x2x2
linked x-form
poly select
linked x-form
poly select
editable poly

I'm trying to get it so that the FFD will effect only the vertices not selected (the selected should only be effected by the linked x-forms). Is there a way to do this? I can select the non effected vertices as their own polySelect, but it changes the lattice volume. I need to keep a consistent lattice volume at the same size as the bounding box.

09 September 2012
Have you tried using Edit Poly for your selection rather than Poly Select?

09 September 2012
the ffd modifier lattice is always determined by the bounding box of the selected subobjects in the stack, polyselect, epoly or otherwise. I've been trying at this after noon and think I found a workaround though.
fn adddupe node= (
 	ep  = Edit_Poly()
 	ep.name = "FFD_Duper"
 	addmodifier node ep
 	vert1 = node.modifiers[#FFD_Duper].CreateVertex ((node.min as point3)*inverse node.transform)
 	vert2 = node.modifiers[#FFD_Duper].CreateVertex ((node.max as point3)*inverse node.transform)
 )

so long as you don't commit the created vertices, they show up in the stack and can't be unselected. I still need to test it out, but hopefully it'll work

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread