Rudiam
Expert
portfolio
maziar rud
Freelancer
Western Sahara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonadb
The new sequencer is on its first iteration...

You mean you expect more iterations? lets hope so, but with these guys their first iteration is usually their last one too.

Quote:
...it has a few cool advantages but comes with a can of worms as well.

Can you expand on that a bit please?

Quote:
And to me PS is more elegant in it's UI and workflow but that's not surprising since I build it exactly as I wanted it to be

True that.

To me I think it's a unique feature of Max's Sequencer being able to sequence different object States as well, say in one shot some objects are hidden or have a different material, or one shot is rendered with a different renderer and so on, I don't think either Maya's or SI's sequencer have that ability(correct me if I'm wrong), but the other ones have a more streamlined workflow and also have some features that isn't implemented in Max's sequencer.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #17
sebastian___
Expert

Sebastian Andor
Germany

Perhaps an interesting addition would be the possibility to add "fade to black". I did that in the past with a simple black plane in front of the camera. You would get the realtime fade to black effect by simply animating the opacity (the object opacity has a better visual effect compared to animating the material opacity).
A real-time crossfade would be also interesting but I'm guessing that's beyond the current capabilities of Max viewport.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #18
RGhost
Expert

portfolio
Mike Samoilov
3D Artist
Moscow, Russia

Hello jonadb!

I test demo version of your script, it seems to me very promising in future works.
But if I right, Prosequencer when creating preview "Preview all in work area" just create seperate .avi files for each track (camera), so I must combine in by the hand for preview all animation.
I think Prosequencer must combine preview files automatically.
If you interested I can suggest you use add in Prosequencer ffmpeg command line support for this purpose. (http://www.ffmpeg.org/faq.html#How-...ideo-files_003f)
My 3dsmax scripts

Old 01-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #19
jonadb
3D Artist

Jonathan de Blok
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGhost
Hello jonadb!

I test demo version of your script, it seems to me very promising in future works.
But if I right, Prosequencer when creating preview "Preview all in work area" just create seperate .avi files for each track (camera), so I must combine in by the hand for preview all animation.

Thx, that sort of be design since I always do a final edit in Premiere. (and the preview function can't switch cams while making preview)

If you want to render 1 preview of the entire edit use the 'bake cam' option which will create a new 'baked' camera containing the entire edit and use one that to make a preview.

reply share thread