CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Programming
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 03-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Mat Schwartz, Mathew
University Of Michigan
Ann Arbor, USA
xyz coordinate updates during iteration

I have an object (its a long rectangular box), one end of it is attached to a curve with a motion path, the motion path is baked in.

then i iterate through each frame in the timeline by updating the current time. Each frame I rotate the box, then i set a new keyframe.

Each frame i need to query the xyz coordinates of the top and bottom of the box. The problem is maya goes through the entire timeline with the box in the single orientation and at the end updates the box with its rotations (using xform).

I need maya to update the box after each rotation because the xyz coordinates rely on the new rotation. I tried refresh() but does nothing. Is there a way to force this or something?

3D Designer-Sculpture
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Corey Kaliszewski
Erie, USA
Something like this?
if(`window -exists PivotQuery` == 1) deleteUI PivotQuery; window -title "Query Pivot" - w 190 -h 41 -sizeable false PivotQuery; formLayout -numberOfDivisions 100 MatchForm; button -label "Run Me" -command "QueryPivot" -w 150 -h 23 QueryPivot; formLayout -edit -attachForm QueryPivot "top" 9 -attachForm QueryPivot "left" 20 MatchForm; showWindow PivotQuery; global proc QueryPivot() { for ($x = 1; $x < (`playbackOptions -q -max`); $x++) { currentTime $x; float $pivot[] = `xform -q -bb -ws pCube1.scalePivot`; float $MinX = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMinY`; float $MaxX = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMaxY`; float $MinY = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMinY`; float $MaxY = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMaxY`; float $MinZ = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMinZ`; float $MaxZ = `getAttr pCube1.boundingBoxMaxZ`; print("pCube1 MinX: " + $MinX + " pCube1 MaxX: " + $MaxX + "\npCube1 MinY: " + $MinY + " pCube1 MaxY: " + $MaxY + "\npCube1 MinZ: " + $MinZ + " pCube1 MaxZ: " + $MaxZ + "\nPivot(XYZ): " + $pivot[0] + " " + $pivot[1] + " " + $pivot[2] + "\n"); } }
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread