Adobe Photoshop certification Exam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
Adobe Photoshop certification Exam

I'm thinking about taking the Photoshop certification test and I would like to know the level of difficulty or in general how it is?

07 July 2012
Heard it's quite difficult as it really incorporates everything in Photoshop, digital art, web, print - you name it. The lamest thing about the test is that you are without a computer when taking it, so you have to memorise the look of all the menues, settings, etc. That last part is rather lame imo. I would like to take the test some day but don't think it's worth the money. Besides, I already know I'm awesome with Photoshop.

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by DeadlyNightshade: Heard it's quite difficult as it really incorporates everything in Photoshop, digital art, web, print - you name it. The lamest thing about the test is that you are without a computer when taking it, so you have to memorise the look of all the menues, settings, etc. That last part is rather lame imo. I would like to take the test some day but don't think it's worth the money. Besides, I already know I'm awesome with Photoshop.

I took the practice test this passed Friday. To be honest it has some form of difficulty, because it has question on being a profession in that field. Besides don't go in thinking you know everything about Photoshop or any of the other software's. I've been doing Photoshop for over 10 years and there are many ways that we can go about doing the things to get the look we want. After taking the test, you might keep up a lil something.

07 July 2012
its nice to have but i have yet to see it required by an employer nor has it been a factor in getting work, Ive been doing media an animation for over 10 yrs

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by smurftb: I took the practice test this passed Friday. To be honest it has some form of difficulty, because it has question on being a profession in that field. Besides don't go in thinking you know everything about Photoshop or any of the other software's. I've been doing Photoshop for over 10 years and there are many ways that we can go about doing the things to get the look we want. After taking the test, you might keep up a lil something.

Did the practise test cost you anything?
Coz right now the only thing that is holding me back is the price of the test (which I think was something around a hundred USD). That's not worth it imo for a tiny detail on your CV - especially when you are in a business such as game development such as myself. I imagine that people who work in web or with print have a better use of the Photoshop ACE.

07 July 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread