DWIII - Showcase Thread [unofficial]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2008
Name: Uuka (son of Akuya-Ku)
Race: Half Vampire,Half (unvolontary) Demon
(and still there's a human somewhere far away inside Uuka)
Category:Samurai
Artifact: Ykria the blood Katana.
This katana is partly made out of horns Uuka snatched of a demon's head himself.
(The demon in fact was "Emma-O".The japanese guardian/Keeper of the world of the dead)

Uuka gotta bless himself with the swordheft(horn's) so his blood can mix up with the blood the katana suck's out of his victim's.
This is tranformed in pure energie and heal's Uuka directly from his wounds.
If Uuka sucks up big quantitys of his victim's blood, he then gets in to ultimate rage(berserk)...(He just gets unstoppable then, as simple as that)
Ykria(The Katana) is also the most cutting sword in the universe(Jedi's dream about this sword, to tell ya)and so Uuka do also like it sometimes to cut some robots into pieces(Just for fun sometimes,mostly after his breakfast because the katana prefer victims made out of flesh and blood)...

Cats, don't they have 9 lifes?
Hope you like it.

Beauty shot:
Concept sheet

Modelsheet:

05 May 2008
This iteration of the challenge raises the bar even higher. Some 3d works I'd like to see more often in actual games, and many 2d concepts I'd love to see turned into 3d (little preference for the Ruin warlord, great idea)
Good luck everyone

05 May 2008
Amazing designs, really beautiful work everyone! Best of luck to all of you!

05 May 2008
Hi everyone! There is some awesome work on here I can't believe how much effort everyone has put into this competition. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I am really shocked at some of the 3D cuts! Looking at these entries and which ones have made it and which ones have been cut I don't understand what the judges are basing it on. There are some seriously awesome models out there with great texturing, renders and the whole package that have gotten cut. Like samarcbz's Chandaal, that is really professional top notch work but yet was cut when some of the other entries that look like they have made it don't look professional at all. It seems like this contest may not be about skill but rather the craziest concepts. I hope they pick the top 10 better than the top 50 (in my opinion).

05 May 2008
Originally Posted by valri22: Hi everyone! There is some awesome work on here I can't believe how much effort everyone has put into this competition. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I am really shocked at some of the 3D cuts! Looking at these entries and which ones have made it and which ones have been cut I don't understand what the judges are basing it on. There are some seriously awesome models out there with great texturing, renders and the whole package that have gotten cut. Like samarcbz's Chandaal, that is really professional top notch work but yet was cut when some of the other entries that look like they have made it don't look professional at all. It seems like this contest may not be about skill but rather the craziest concepts. I hope they pick the top 10 better than the top 50 (in my opinion).

hey dude, thanx for the words.its not the first time that this happens in the compitions.i think it depends upon the judges choice which they feel better rather then public opinion.even i think there were some unfair decisions among lots of entries,but i guess thats how it goes.and as far as my entry is concerned m fine with the result.... sometimes v win sometimes v loose so not a big deal.
i think v should appericiate the judges decision.and congratulate the top 50 finalist.

05 May 2008
Redfish Entry

Well I am surprised I got into the top 50, but here is what I came up with. Thanks for everyone's support and feedback throughout the competition, and congrats to everyone who made the top 50.

and a link to the thread

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...ish#post5088414

05 May 2008
My entry

Hope you guys like it.

05 May 2008
Name: Antranik
Race:Alien
Classe: Invoker
Artifact's power type: Vegetation

The link to the thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=234&t=599270

Available for freelance

05 May 2008
Ok i never got around to finish this character on time, which really sucked!
Finally i gathered enough courage to complete this character so that i do not have to live with the guilt of giving up again(i never completed DW2 ) .
Anyways Here is the finished Character.

Total Number of Triangles: 8993

Name: Petunia

Race: Elf

Class: Warlords

Artifact Weapon: Fire

Wire

Textures

My Sketchbook Threat

05 May 2008
Name: Princess Nevihta
Race: Human
Class: Invoker
Artifact: Air/Lightning

I probably have the lowest poly character in DWIII totalling in at less than half the limit . My plans for a mount (as seen on my concept sheet) fell through due to school work.

CGSociety represent!

reply share thread