Old 01-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
d4rk3lf
Expert

portfolio
Boban Krsmanovic
Nis, Serbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRiTTeR
Although im getting a bit tired of heroes doing impossible stuff with their eyes closed and not being somewhat tired or scratched.

Not trying to start flame here, but:

I think, what you feel, is the director fault, not that much the story. Imho, Blur still lack's very much the direction quality that Digic Pictures and Blizzard posses. Their cinematic's are always full of action, and very rare (or nowhere) there are a scenes of suspense, or metaphor, or whatever that isn't BANG, BUM, TRASH... they need to make some relief, because, after a while, people get bored of constant action.
I don't know what is the reason of that (lack of time, maybe), but I do know that I have folder on my comp named Blur, with almost all their cinematic's, and I can't point my finger at any, and say: This is a really awesome cinematic. Sure, the CG is fine, the action is great, but is it all that one cinematic should offer?

For example, one of the most loved cinematic "Wrath of the Litch King" from Blizzard, if you tell story this way: "Undead prince rise from his ice throne, stick his sword into the ground. Dragon appear, some army of undead cheers when the dragon shows up... and that's it", doesn't sound very impressive. But the way Blizzard directed that cinematic is absolutely brilliant. The way they make small things looks big and important. The sound and suspense.

So, for me, comparing Blur to other studios is like comparing films Alien 1, 2 and 3 with Alien 4. The first 3 are great because of so much horror atmosphere, silence, suspension.. the 4 is almost constant action, and soon you get bored watching it.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
paintbox
Waiting for pixels to dry

portfolio
PT PT
Artist / Illustrator
Intergalactic Freelancer
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf
Alien 1, 2 and 3 with Alien 4.

Good points, also take in Alien 2 (Aliens) , the way the proximity alert of the Marines work is just fantastic. You *know* the Aliens are coming, but you can't see them yet. Just awesome build-up!

Even though Alien 2 is much more action then horror, the tension is still there.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #33
Geta-Ve
Jee-Tah-Vee

portfolio
Michael Jarvis
Freelance Modeller
Canada

This cinematic was very ... underwhelming. It started off with a lot of promise, a nice brooding barb, with his mage-esque lackies, even the werewolves were cool, but once the fighting started, I couldn't stop rolling my eyes.

I would have preferred something similar to the original WoW cinematic, an introduction to the world, the races, themes, etc.

And the eyes... Oh god, the dead eyes!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #34
Glenfx
Jack of all trades

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Glen Fernandez%2BSardi
Artist
2 Sin Par
San%2BAntonio%2Bde%2Blos%2BAltos, Venezuela

I didnít like it, it wasnít spectacular and I didnít feel connected with the characters at all, and I REALLY hated the annoying shaky camera.
It's a shame considering it was made by Blur.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #35
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread