Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

Rendered animation faster than normal

Hello everybody,
I am trying to face this "simple" problem. I want to export an animation with the "Batch Render". The problem is that the result is a bit faster then normal and I need to fix it. I already set the playback speed to "real time".. I tried also to change some settings but nothing to do. Can you please give me some advice on how to solve the problem? Thank you in advance!

Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Schempp
Know-it-All
portfolio
Eric Schempp
Stockholm, Sweden

It sounds like your problem is within the animation itself and not the rendering.

what you need to do is to make the animation last longer, so if you have 100 frames of animation and want the action in the animation to take more time you need scale the animation over time.

Hope i mades myself clear.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schempp
It sounds like your problem is within the animation itself and not the rendering.

what you need to do is to make the animation last longer, so if you have 100 frames of animation and want the action in the animation to take more time you need scale the animation over time.

Hope i mades myself clear.

No I don't think the problem is in the animation because when I play it in maya it goes normally. The problem is when I export it.. it is a bit faster but since it 750 frame, and I have to synchronize it with a video, the problem is well noticeable at the end..

Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Schempp
Know-it-All
portfolio
Eric Schempp
Stockholm, Sweden

In maya, go to the Display menu --> Heads up display and tick frame rate.
Now play the animation to see if your computer actually is playing it in realtime.

What application are you comping it in?
After effects? if so then check the frame rate when you import the footage into the comp.

It doesnt really matter what frame rate you have in maya when you render it out since its just frames. still images that when played in another application becomes a image sequence wich you then can decide wich speed to have.

What does matter is if you have a 100 frame rendering and then want it to be 200 frames long, obviousle this wont be good for the quality.

Be careful to set the correct frame rate of the project when you start. it will make your life easier when animating.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

Quote:
In maya, go to the Display menu --> Heads up display and tick frame rate.
Now play the animation to see if your computer actually is playing it in realtime.

What application are you comping it in?
After effects? if so then check the frame rate when you import the footage into the comp.

It doesnt really matter what frame rate you have in maya when you render it out since its just frames. still images that when played in another application becomes a image sequence wich you then can decide wich speed to have.

What does matter is if you have a 100 frame rendering and then want it to be 200 frames long, obviousle this wont be good for the quality.

Be careful to set the correct frame rate of the project when you start. it will make your life easier when animating.

Mmmmm I am newbie in maya as you got.. Well, during the animation it shows between 24 and 25 fps.. I will explain you. The animation I am using is a mocap animation. I have also a video of myself recording in the mocap lab. So I want to create a video which shows me moving and the model doing the same stuffs. It is in real time in maya because if I let the video and the animation start together, they do the same stuffs for the whole duration of video/animation. I can synchronize them. I can't do that after that I export the animation. I do not apply any effect to it. I just open it with VLC and it's faster. Any possible solution?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #6
Schempp
Know-it-All
portfolio
Eric Schempp
Stockholm, Sweden

find out how many fps your recording where done in.

it might be done in 30f/ seconds.

are you rendering to image sequence from maya or to a movie format?

Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #7
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

Quote:
find out how many fps your recording where done in.

it might be done in 30f/ seconds.

are you rendering to image sequence from maya or to a movie format?

Yes! I tried to render it to AVI ! Is that the problem?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Schempp
Know-it-All
portfolio
Eric Schempp
Stockholm, Sweden

You are ofcourse free to do as you want but its really standard to render out a image sequence instead of a movie file. The avi might very well be running at a different speed Tham your filmed reference video.

Since you need to Edit the videos together anyway i would get a copy of after effects, rerender your Mayascene to a image sequence such as png and then import it into after effects.

This Way you have the freedom to both Edit the speed of it and another important thing is that if your computer crash while rendering you want loose it all, instead you can just start rendering from the last frame.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

Quote:
You are ofcourse free to do as you want but its really standard to render out a image sequence instead of a movie file. The avi might very well be running at a different speed Tham your filmed reference video.

Since you need to Edit the videos together anyway i would get a copy of after effects, rerender your Mayascene to a image sequence such as png and then import it into after effects.

This Way you have the freedom to both Edit the speed of it and another important thing is that if your computer crash while rendering you want loose it all, instead you can just start rendering from the last frame.

Mmmm ok.. so, I have to export the animation as image sequence. I will go for .png as you said. For "after effects" you mean the software from adobe? And reconstruct the video using the exported frames.. right?

Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #10
GecT
Frequenter
portfolio
Genevieve Williams
USA

As mentioned by Henry90, avi output is dangerous at best. Image sequences allow more control altogether.

Have you output a playblast to make sure the timing is right?

:|| My CG Blog ||:
:|| My Maya FAQ ||:
:|| PMM Linear Lighting Buddy||:

Old 01-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
Henry90
portfolio
Italy

I used the image sequence and then I chose the frame rate. Now it is perfect Thank you for your help!!

Old 01-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread