Explosions!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2009
Question Explosions!

Is there anyone out there that has some good advice/scene files/tutorials on making realistic explosions in Maya?

I have a scene in a desert during the day where I want to add a big explosion with dust.

I can't find any (recent) threads on this subject that really incorporate Maya's 2009/2010 interface.

I know about FumeFX for 3dsmax, Houdini and all that but I'm more interested in people who have been able to achieve great results strictly with Maya's most recent tools.

Is shipkov's technique really the best out there?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Last edited by brainycomp : 11 November 2009 at 08:00 AM.

11 November 2009
I think one scene in transformers would be a great reference for this

I think dust sprites will do a good job with good shadowing.. and also animated sprites seq in combination with some fluid smoke/explision?

Originally Posted by machotdog: Is there anyone out there that has some good advice/scene files/tutorials on making realistic explosions in Maya?

I have a scene in a desert during the day where I want to add a big explosion with dust.

I can't find any (recent) threads on this subject that really incorporate Maya's 2009/2010 interface.

I know about FumeFX for 3dsmax, Houdini and all that but I'm more interested in people who have been able to achieve great results strictly with Maya's most recent tools.

Is shipkov's technique really the best out there?

Anyone?

Thanks!

11 November 2009
there are some great infos on this thread :

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...&highlight=boom

11 November 2009
Smile

thanks! those are some great videos... Psilo, you got any scene files you'd be willing to share?

How should I go about extending the space of the fluid container? It seems that every time I fiddle with the size attributes, it also alters the fluid...

I would like my fluid to emit the same way/size but have nothing blocking it's way up to a certain point.

Is this possible?

Last edited by brainycomp : 11 November 2009 at 06:00 PM.

11 November 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread