New VR software Briovr, Present and share VR scenes the easy way.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
New VR software Briovr, Present and share VR scenes the easy way.

Hey everyone, I'm Dave, one of the founders of BRIOVR. VR and AR are going to be widespread as a forms of visual communication. They will totally transform & disrupt education, training, design & entertainment with experiences your audience can reach out and touch and interact with at full scale. As mobile phones flatten out in sales the big tech co's are building up to drop even more of the magical VR/AR/MR hardware upon us soon!

Problem is for us artists that authoring these VR scenes can be very, very time consuming, require coding skills and even when you're a code ninja the viewer needs to install your app to see the darn thing??  That's why we created BRIOVR. We want VR/AR to be accessible for all artists like you here. We want VR to be seen by everyone. Its a passion of ours to make the creative process as efficient as possible. We're veteran VFX 20 + SPINVFX Founders, 3d artists ( Weta Lord of the Rings to today's Star Trek Discovery ) and software devs ( Alias Surface & Mudbox creators: now part of Autodesk ). As VR creators we are also in the production trenches experiencing many of the same content creation challenges you do. We created BRIO to solve those problems. 

Today we would like to welcome you to come over to https://briovr.com/ and try our FREE open beta of BRIOVR. Create something amazing and share it! Use the latest Firefox Quantum or Google Chrome to author and share your scenes. It works on all platforms as long as you have the latest browsers. There're several BILLION users with these browsers today ready for your VR scenes.

BRIOVR has amazing tools to tell stories like non other has so simply executed. VR Camera cuts, Waypoints, Triggers and Events, Audio, Video textures, 360 Video, 3d elements, PBR shading, Depth & Height Fog, embed on any site... all in the cloud and a simple button press to share. Our goal for UX is the simplicity of Powerpoint or Prezi but for VR. Anyway we hope you like it but please let us know how we can make it an even better tool for you. 

Special thanks to the Quixel Suite guys for the free tree in the tech demo. Beautiful model & textures! The rocks I shot on my Samsung phone then processed in Capture Reality, Zbrush and Substance Designer. More great tools.

Brio Video

Thanks guys & and more details to come! 
Dave Cardwell

12 December 2017
Good to see what you have been up to Dave. Looking forward to more. 

Cheers 

12 December 2017
Looks cool. Cool website opening. I hope you succeed with this. I've seen too many promising realtime 3D authoring tools croak in the last 15 years.

Hope you guys have a better run.

12 December 2017
@skee

15 years ago there were no VR/ARglasses and the sales of mobile smart phones were on the rise. Any launch of an interactive presentation product then would fail yes. Today VR and AR is real with billions of dollars invested(check Magic Leap on Crunchbase )
in fourth coming hardware. Mobile browsers can render amazing 3d graphics and the speed of the mobile gpu today smashes desktops from 15 years ago.  

Mobile phones are on the decline and major tech companies won’t go down without pushing everything into AR VR. Viewing images and experiences this way is just hands down better and more engaging for the brain. 

Success in tech I have found is about timing. Now is the right time to get on the train. Get ready for it! 

Dave

reply share thread