Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Rudolf Herczog

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Rudy, have you tried luminance maps with glow? Very small glow, with a very small distance.

Or possibly transparency maps and one light inside?

12 December 2004
looking really good rudy. the diffuse light works correctly if the source is a glowing nebula or reflected planet, otherwise the small star would cast hard shadows. Regardless of the technical nit picks, i am very much liking this!! (impressed - as always)

12 December 2004
yeah those thinks look cool and the light is great very metalic GL MAN

01 January 2005
GMT+1: 1933 hours, 16januari 2005. Only a few more hours and its the final day! what are you gonna achieve in such a small time? i realy hope you get to finish it. and if not here, then please finish it for yourself, and put it on that lovely site of yours...

01 January 2005
Yeah, i´ve been working on the background and some ships, but unfortunatly i haven´t had the time to complete this one for the challenge, and i didn´t want to compromize by rushing it.
I will finish the scene though, and post it at a later date.

Best of luck to everyone else!

01 January 2005
sorry to hear, although if it is because realworld work is the obstruction, then not so sorry (grin). regardless of whichever, I am seriously looking forward to enjoying the finished work when you do complete it!

01 January 2005
ahhh such potential.
I would be very interested in seeing the final image.

keep us updated.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

01 January 2005
I will still wait to see the final image i think there is awsome potential here good luck with it!

Kind Regards
blackdragon

My GS Opera challange: >here<

My Master and Servant challange: >here<

01 January 2005
Smile

HEY DUDE.........

very great this piece.
I like it.
good LOOK...........

01 January 2005
Uh... sad that you can't joint the final milestone. Anyway decide to don't compromise your work is a good reason and I hope to see this work finished. It was really an interesting architectural concept and I'm curious to see this on the final image...
Anyway Rudolf and a big for all what you did until the last post, congrats... for a next challege, hope to see you again.

jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

02 February 2005
It's a shame you didn't have time to finish it for the challenge, because I don't know of any artist that manages to create such a truly great sense of scale as you do. Since I use Bryce as well, I've learned sooo much from seeing how you work, and reading your tutorials. It's also nice to see a fellow Swede making such an impact on the 3d world. Unfortunately I suck at postwork, so I'm gonna have to work on that if I'm ever gonna get close to your level of awesomeness (and yes, awesomeness is a word ).

Beautiful as always.

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread