Lc#47 Quixel Megachallenge !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeD
JoJo, Why not just sharing the dropbox with all the Quixel models ? this would ne more easy.
Or create a Google drive just for the challenge (15go possible)

+1

I'm surprised CG Society doesn't have a storage center for Challenge assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioglu
i cant managte to download the files... i always ending up with .exe files...

After selecting a file hosting service, the next page that appears has a "Click Here To Go To Download Page" button; underneath the button is the link that you need to copy/paste. Clicking on the page triggers a popup page that attempts to auto-download an EXE. Cancel the download and close the popup page; you should now be able to highlight the web link, copy it, and paste it in your browser address bar.

... on the file hosting site you chose, there is usually a free (aka slow) download option; be wary of more popups.

Old 1 Week Ago   #17
Post updated with dropbox links. CHECKSUM *added to files, a few advice added to the first post if you choose to download from filehosters (if you know what you are doing this is the recommented choice) Pls make mirrors if you have the chance to do it.
Jojo

Last edited by jojo1975 : 1 Week Ago at 07:31 PM.

Old 1 Week Ago   #18
It has to be made inside Maya? Or can I export to Max

Old 6 Days Ago   #19
FeD i like your version... could you talk a bit about your lightsetup.?

Old 6 Days Ago   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmisterca
It has to be made inside Maya? Or can I export to Max

Every software is ok ! No software limits for the challenge*

Old 5 Days Ago   #21
i cant find a texture for the trees... did i missed it..?
its no problem to create one my own but i wont if there is one hidden somewhere...
thanks...

Old 5 Days Ago   #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by oglu
FeD i like your version... could you talk a bit about your lightsetup.?

For the banner image or the last version with the monster ? I Used very simple workflow for the last, just some spot lights to paint light where I wanted it, and a HDR for some more bounce light. environnement fog and the midlle light have spotlight fog attached to it too. maybe I could make a screenshot of the scene to show the set-up.

Mental-ray 3.14.9 with AA at 0.3, Gi-next at 0.2 and two bounces and a bit of error cutoff to make render faster, mia_Lens_bokeh and mia_photographic. then a bit of color correction in Photoshop (blue balance mostly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglu
i cant find a texture for the trees... did i missed it..?

Yes, No quixel map for the trees, I just used some basic textures from cgtrextures, so I didn't share it, same for some leaves.

Old 4 Days Ago   #23
a screenshot of the light setup would be nice...
for the leafs are those double sided materials or some ss materials.?

Old 2 Days Ago   #24

I gave a try to a macro shot *I have to say that I really like the mushroom details. Probably a bit of glow would make the image better but I didn't want to overdue.

Old 1 Day Ago   #25
Hi, Great scene. I want to know if their are any missing textures from the files? none of the two textures in the log folder match the UVs of the Tree Root Bed model or the also there are no textures for the ivy leaves. I am not sure if they are not included in the files or if I am missing them? I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful.

Old 1 Day Ago   #26
Hello ! The assets are complete I think that Yannick add some personal texture as you can read in his previous post.

Old 20 Hours Ago   #27

Hey all! This is a great scene, very fun to light! So far just getting some broad strokes down. Haven't messed with any textures yet, just some basic shaders for the water and greenery. Will start adding textures over time.
Rendered with maya + arnold. Lighting is super simple, just a broad area light above the pool area casting soft cool light, and tight focused area light with warmer light for the sun. Also trying the volumetric fog for the first time, which is impressively fast to render. All is rendered as a single pass with some grading tweaks in post.

Old 12 Hours Ago   #28
A interesting and great scene!

I tried my luck to load all the stuff into C4D (R18) with mixed results... as usual :/
No instances are recognized in the FBX files, so again there is a lot of work needed to "make stuff work", just as hgagne recently said.
As mentioned there are quite some textures used from cgtextures and not provided here, but others are simply missing like the one for the ivy, jungleGras, Palmleavy, grassClump,Grass_scan,*buisson_swamp and brambleThorny1Flower. Since these are UV mapped its quite some work to work these out.

I'll give it a try anyway, but others can be pushed away from this challenge by this...

Old 8 Hours Ago   #29
Hey everybody, i've been working on my entry and I wanted to show you guys some progress shots of some of the compositions I am thinking of. I would like to the main tree in the water to be the center point of everything and I'm trying to base it all around that while also making the composition interesting and aiding the image as a whole. I would also like to do a lot of mood lighting with my images as well. I would like one to be much more foggy and have a eerie tone and feeling to it while the other should feel more angelic. If I have time I would also like to go in and make a few more images just based around time of day and environment as well. I have yet to add any textures or lights, so what you're seeing are some screen caps from the Maya Viewport with the film gate turned on. I also changed the film aspect ration from 1.50 to 2.35 and messed with the focal length of the lenses as well. I have Arnold and Renderman for Maya, so do expect to see a render from one of those two. If you guys could help me out by letting me know which ones you think are the most interesting with what I have provided you with that that would be greatly appreciated. Shoot me a message or just reply on the forums and I will happily respond to you. I would like to have some paint overs done next week as well, so be on the look out for that.

Thank you!

reply share thread