|02 February 2017|
Allegorithmic Launches Substance Designer 6
The Digital Material Authoring Package Expands Into a Comprehensive Texture, Scans and MDL Processing Tool for Game Development, Animation/VFX and Design Visualization
CLERMONT-FERRAND, France – February 14, 2017 – Allegorithmic , the creator of the influential Substance suite, today announces the release of Substance Designer 6, the latest iteration of its industry-leading software. The release includes new features for extending material authoring capabilities, creating HDR textures and several other additions that will delight fans and new users alike.
“With the Substance Designer our goal has always been to provide users with a solid, comprehensive package dedicated to the creation of digital materials,” said Dr. Sébastien Deguy, founder and CEO of Allegorithmic. “Substance Designer 6 is the most complete, refined and versatile version of the tool we have ever produced. With this iteration, designers can find everything they need to prepare, author and tweak their digital materials, whether these are tailored at game developers, architects, designers or VFX artists.”
Substance Designer 6 is designed for users in multiple industries, with functionality that transcends a specific field, from gaming to VFX to architecture and more. New additions include:
● Text Node: This dynamic node can expose 3ds Max parameters on .sbsar files, helping artists apply embossing, stamping, and glow effects just like they would in Photoshop.
● Curve Node: A new node allows for the creation of complex curves, perfect when designing intricate structures like moldings, spirals and circular windows.
● New Scan Processing Tools: New filters like crop, smart clone and auto-tile ensure A-to-Z material creation from 3D scans.
● 16 f and 32 f Engine: Allows for the creation of HDR textures by extending the range of color and light values with a floating value.
● 8K Bakers: Users can now bake up to 32K using non-square ratios or stop assets mid-bake, providing greater flexibility with designs.
A tutorial introduction to Substance Designer 6 can be found here .
Substance Designer 6 is available today for Linux, Mac OS and Windows.
Users of Substance Live Indie ($19.90/month) and Substance Live Pro ($99.90/month), who have access to all the latest versions of Substance tools and monthly content downloads, have immediate access to Substance Designer 6.
Current Substance Designer 5 license holders can upgrade for $75. For new users, Indie licenses are priced at $149, while Pro licenses are available for $590. Licenses can be purchased directly through the Allegorithmic website or an authorized retailer.
Allegorithmic is the industry leader in 3D texture and material creation technologies. More than 100,000 users in the domains of games and entertainment, film and VFX, architecture, and design rely on Allegorithmic's award-winning Substance texture and material authoring software for developing the next generation of digital content. Clients include: Activision, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Ubisoft and Gensler Founded in 2003, Allegorithmic is based in France with offices in Clermont-Ferrand, Lyon and Paris, and has global offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Seoul.
Last edited by LPR1998 : 02 February 2017 at 01:02 AM. Reason: adding links
|02 February 2017|
update on steam
where can I find the updateccode on steam?
Shoudn it be more obvious, if they want to part me from my money?...
my "master and servant thread"
|reply share thread|