Speed modeling sessions - post your topic suggestions !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2005
Speed modeling sessions - post your topic suggestions !

If you have any idea for cool speed modeling topics, just post them there!
thank you.

01 January 2005
demons
armor/helmets - something hardsurface
interior mouth (teeth, gums, tongue)
comic characters heads (batman, superman, spiderman, hellboy etc) maybe give em 5 hours.
feet (I think this was done)
ears

01 January 2005
Cheesey B movie scarey creatures - Like werewolfs, frankenstein, vampires, creature from the black lagoon.

Pick 2-3 animals and morph them into one creature.

If you did something a little more vague like Themes on Ancient Japanese Warriors, it might open it up so that people that aren't so into organics might be able to get in with swords or something.

01 January 2005
Wonders of the ancient world!

01 January 2005
how about we do a really quick type of session where the focus is on interestingly shaped beings. it doesnt have to be high poly. actually the focus would be to keep it low poly and be rather interpretative. ( unless you want to use Zspheres and then go wild with some brushing ) what thinks you?

this way we could experiment with a number of weirdly shaped beings, instead of making just one over 3 hours or so....

01 January 2005
Hey ambient-whisper, i really like that last idea, could be very fun.

A nice mix of organic and mechanical models should be sweet as well as they have different aproaches to modeling.

Look foreward to this.

11 November 2006
Cool Modeling- "Medical Miss Findings/Gireresque"

Hi, just a propusal, but it could be interesting to perform a quick model based on medical scientific aberrations, and combinations of misfortune, etc in a Gigeresque way (based on the swiss artist http://www.hrgiger.com/frame.htm)
It could be interesting to see what we came up with, eventually swap models and see what comes out?
Cheers
M.

12 December 2006
Hi,

So is the moderator following this thread... or is anyone? I think it would be really good getting some weekly speed challenges going, something along the line of Roberto's weekly sketch setup... perhaps one topic a week and a vote at the end of each week... i don't know but at least get something going.

Looking forward to a weekly challenge

ZaneV

01 January 2007
I thought of a few tricky ones that will test you guys and girls:

sphere
cube
pyramid
ooh, ooh and one of those dang dounut shaped things, ohh what do you call it???

01 January 2007
Ya know...

I am not sure wether you are trying to be funny, or whether you're just being a smart ass. Instead of making fun of people, why don't you offer some real advice Mr.Veteran?

01 January 2007
smart ass

I agree, is that an acute comment? a smart ass (not so smart actually) comment?

08 August 2008
Hi all new to the forum, finally decided to sign up to the site.

Right for speed modelling here's something I threw together. The lighter and can took half hour each and altogether in the scene took 2 hours to model and texture. The basis of this scene is really just to play with various materials such as steel, glass and plastic.

The modelling is in edit mesh (i prefer it to poly)
I will try and upload a jpeg with wireframe when I get back home in couple days.

OOPPPS! just noticed this should have been on the generic speed modelling thread.

Last edited by smith3drender : 08 August 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: wrong thread

11 November 2008
What happened to this thread?? is it still going or who we have to convince to get something like the Sketch of the day, I know lots of people want to do something like that, including myself.

It would be cool to have topics and timing, maybe 1 or 2 per week, a bit more organized.

Any moderator willing to step up and take this ideas to live?

12 December 2008
It does seem as though the speed modeling threads have slowed down. Shame really. I could really use some speed modeling to build some motivation to participate in the mini challenges and such.

Anybody willing to revive the speed modeling threads?

12 December 2008
I hope no one has any objections to this, but I'm setting up a thread to get a vote of interest from people who think they would participate in weekly speed modeling challenges just to see how many there are of us wanting to do.

I'm nobody really, at least not a moderator or anyone high up the food chain but I figure we might as well start the ball rolling and perhaps a moderator might see that it will be worth while to look after, I guess we just have to prove that first.

Anyway I am really keen to see a weekly speed modeling session so lets see what happens.

reply share thread