Intalling Max 2014 on network render nodes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Intalling Max 2014 on network render nodes

How are you supposed to install this on render nodes? Whenever I open up the setup.exe on the render nodes, it gives me a communication error, saying it's not the same computer it was downloaded on.

If I run setup on my main workstation, I can't point the install location across the network to the render nodes.

What's the right way to do this?

04 April 2013
I am in the middle of trying it out, but i think making or creating a "deploy" is the way to go.
Will update this!

04 April 2013
Yeah, I think so too. Problem is, I already installed the software on my workstation. Now when I re-run the setup I don't see an option to create a deployment anywhere.

04 April 2013
It should be on the launch screen, before you choose install.

-Eric

04 April 2013
So apparently if you install the program and re-open the setup.exe, there is no option to create a deployment. I have no idea why.

And because you can't just re-run the same setup.exe file, I had to remote login to a render node and download the installer.exe from the Autodesk website again and create the deployment on the render node.

I really really hate how tied in these installers are to the internet.

I'm creating a deployment now. We'll see how it works across the network.

04 April 2013
Oh I downloaded the full thing (Browser Download) and not the install manager from Subscription. It is the download manager that is the issue, I believe. I have 2014 installed, ran setup.exe, and got straight into the Create Deployment option.

-Eric

04 April 2013
Ok, that's wierd I thought I downloaded the full thing too, but maybe not. Either way, after creating a deployment from the render node, it worked across all the others without problems.

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread