Camera Target Local

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Camera Target Local

Itīs friday afternoon, Iīm tired, wanna go home to my family but max2013 just keeps messing with me and I canīt understand how this version is "just-not-production-ready"... Anyhow that is for a completely new thread!

I have this issue with getting my Camera target thingy to accept/show the Gizmo in Local mode.
The screenshot hopefully speaks for it self, I have Local coordinate system selected but the gizmo on the Camera target show World coordinate system...

It works fine with the Camera selected

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: png LocalTarget.png (14.2 KB, 11 views)

02 February 2013
You probably won't notice a local looking gizmo on your target unless you've actually rotated your target object for some reason. If you move it around your scene, it always keeps a world alignment, not an alignment to the camera lens (unless of course you rotate it).

Why do you need the target to be in local mode? What effect are you trying to achieve?

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread