|01 January 2017|
[Unity Asset] Volumetric Ambient Occlusion - fast realistic SSAO plugin (FREE DEMO)
Hello, we have recently released another version of VAO (our SSAO plugin). Free Demo (full-featured) is available for download (Unity 5.4 and higher).
If you liked VAO and wish to use it please buy it at Unity Asset Store to support its development. Also let us know what you think, your feedback is welcome. (email@example.com )
VAO works by approximating amount of light that can reach given pixel taking volume of surrounding geometry into account. We have developed fast approximation algorithm and use fine-tuned random samples sets to calculate it in real time. Ambient occlusion will add depth and realism to your scenes.
Our algorithm works in screen space (using only normals and depth values readily available in G-Buffer). Therefore, there is no performance hit when using more complicated meshes (more polygons) and it makes use of bump textures automatically. It is also fully dynamic - there is no need for pre-calculating specific scenes and it works with both static and moving objects.
- High performance and visual quality
- Easy to use
- Compatible with all Unity rendering paths (Forward, Deferred and Legacy) and anti-aliasing
- Color bleed option
- No haloing artefacts
- No self-intersections
- No magic variables
- Works well on screen borders
- Luminance sensitivity option
- Preserves shape of shadows when moving camera
- Compatible with Unity 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6
- Works on Linux/Mac/Windows
|reply share thread|