World of Fiction

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
World of Fiction

Hello, I recently did a piece For someone to help them out with getting the word out on a kickstarter that they were doing, the kick-starter did not meet it's goal I'm sorry to say. But I would like to see if I can still improve upon this piece or if anyone has any good impute to improve on it.

The character that I created here is a mix of influences from Magic the gathering mountain goblin cards and Calibretto from Battle chasers a bit.

The human character is a person that finds herself waking up in a world where fictional creatures and things inhabit the place around her. All she has on her is a carrying pouch.

During the creation of the piece I was sort of going half and half on whether to go crazy with the leaves and make every little leaf detail on it, but I think I went and rushed through it. Are there any good ways to go about leaves, like various leaf brushes where it's not obvious? Or just get in there and Paint leaf details? As you can probably tell I have made a brush for leaves, but I feel that that is a bit of a copout to getting better looking leaves. Should I have just found a bunch of references and studied them into the piece, placing their characteristic into it?

Same I guess for the grass.

Also I've been working with paths and various layers as of late to make the shapes that I paint on. For example each part of the body is separated into paths. I do paint over these with rust and don't just stick with the original shapes. But perhaps the shape of the body could be improved upon in some way? Or maybe it's off here or there? Let me know if this feels out of shape in places or if the perspective is off in an area as I kind of feel that I got sloppy with the bolt placements.

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WorldofFiction.jpg (86.7 KB, 18 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread