Different Motext Letters on Cloner Vertexes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #16
That's it, douwe. It works now. Thanks!

Old 04 April 2012   #17
I can't get this to work at all. Any chance someone could post an example file?

Thanks.

Old 04 April 2012   #18
Originally Posted by JDP: I can't get this to work at all. Any chance someone could post an example file?

mmm... you should have all the info you need. where do you get stuck ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?7on8awme0t5at8b

Old 04 April 2012   #19
Here's what I came up with, JDP. Seems to be working nicely.

Old 04 April 2012   #20
Nice to see you here again JDP.
It's been a while.

Not sure what version you have. But this does not work in R12. Only in R13.
There's a ton of little things Maxon added in R13 that most people wouldn't even know about. So it's very easy to make things that don't work in R12 now. That seem like they should work in both versions. But don't.

-ScottA

Old 04 April 2012   #21
For R12 one needs to use the COFFEE instead
as the Mograph Module for Python was introduced in R13.

So, class dismiss!

Cheers
Lennart

Old 04 April 2012   #22
Thanks for the examples guys and your help Lennart. Yeah it's been a while Scott, just too busy these days. I tried in R12 as that's what I have on my laptop which I use for surfing, R13 is not playing nice with the graphics card.

Regards,
JDP

Old 11 November 2012   #23
Motext - Python

Hey,

I found this thread doing some deep deep research on Motext trying to figure something out. There seems to be some pretty big Python chops on this thread, so I thought I'd chuck this one out there!

What I'm trying to achieve is a setup where streams of specific words from a list travel along a spline. Imagine emitting words as particles & having them following a spline. I also need to be able to use the words for things like dynamic collisions & avoiding other objects.

The issue I'm having is that the whole word orients itself to the spline, or reacts to the effectors, but what I want is the individual letters to orient themselves, which I think will look much nicer!

I can do it using a spline wrap, but it distorts the geometry of the letters, when all I want is the rotation of the individual letters to adjust to the spline orientation, and the spacing to adjust so the words kerning remains intact.

Anyway, I've tried TP and Mograph and even dipped my toes in X-Particles, but still no joy. All of them give me the same result; the whole word gets effected & not the individual letters.

It's like I need to be able to affect just the 'letters' section of MoText objects under the cloner & not the whole Motext object. Or if I was using TP; find a way to have each letter in the word treated as an individual particle, but still stay 'grouped' in words.

So my simple question is... is this something you could do in Python?!

I just need to know if its even possible.

I hope someone can help.

Best

Pete

Old 11 November 2012   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread