|WIP| Female / Working on "Death of Samuri"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Talking |WIP| Female / Working on "Death of Female" nude

Using Maya.

Hello everyone i am despretly in need help modeling this female the two images I am going to show you are low quality buy should get my message through. I am haveing problem with modeling the upper portion of the body mainly the brests look very wierd for a couple of reasons, I model them separately put when I put them together I am getting wierd creases where the verticies are put together, its not that i merge them badly, there are no holes or anything its very wierd. Also the shoes they arent going to be like that lol, they are going to be sandles . Anyway I need some kind of hint on how to put the breasts on to this character and how to get rid of those creases when I combine the 2 meshes and merge the vertecies.

Render:

Wire:

As for the final scene that im going to do, its going to be here dying, machines are going to do the killing, and she will be on her knees somewhere in a grassy field

Anyway I Really Need Help! Constructive.

Last edited by geneticlone : 03 March 2005 at 12:10 AM.

03 March 2005
Hi.
You may post some close ups of the parts you're dealing with and cause you the most problems if you want some help.
But in a global way, your mesh doesn't seem very clean, keep in mind that a woman is a soft creature, made of curves and smothed lines. Even a muscled one would have regular topology.
The torso of your model seem to have real ploygons problems.
May be you should try some tutorials. This one is good and it will sure help you a lot :
http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/mahf/mahf_01.asp

And you also have the famous Joan of Arc's one : (made on max, but, the technique of polygon is common to most of 3D softwares, so you won't be lost)
http://mr2k.3dvf.net/tutorials/max/tutorials_joan.htm

Keep it going man, you're on the right way !

03 March 2005
lol i want lots of help as i said before ima begginer, and i mean newb rofl

This is an example:

So that explains what i did, also thanks to the first tutorial u posted, ive seen the 2nd before lol thx to a friend, i got an idea what i want to do for the brests.

yah the wire is also incredibly low res cus im on a ibook G4 933mhz so i had to make all polys hard and view it at 1(low) quality.

Last edited by geneticlone : 03 March 2005 at 10:04 PM.

03 March 2005
NUDITY BELOW!

Come on people help me out I see that a bunch of you are browsing here one of u must have an answer. Thats an updated on the upper body.

03 March 2005
i am a maya user, but try to select the vertex that's causing the crease, and see if there is only one vertex.

it's not how much you have, it's how little you want

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by YuriyXXX: i am a maya user, but try to select the vertex that's causing the crease, and see if there is only one vertex.
hmm i see what your saying i think the merge vert tool isn't doing its job, for some reason if it didn't merge them they are so close to each other that i can't select just one. So i belive they are merged. I was wondering if there is a tool to clean up merged verts so they wont have a crease.

03 March 2005
Im the largest spammer lol, anyway here is an update ive done a lot but since im so bad at rendering its really hard for me to show you guys what im working on. I ws wondering if there is anything like downloadable precreated render settings so you can render out really nice previews?

Anyway here is what i got so far I think the next two things im going to work on is the actual weapons, i was wondering if anyone has a pic of a really cool samuri sword?

Here is what it looks like:

03 March 2005
Unhappy

Well yah I wish I had more time to work on this maybe just a couple more hours, I have edited some other stuff that I am not going to post right at this moment first of all i fixed up the belly button and then I started working on the face, and difined the legs more which I will post a little later on. Anyway in the first post i said that I would be makeing a machine that will be destroying her and the wierd thing on the left that you see below will be a piston that connects to the larger portion on the arm. Also there is a pic of the older model of the girl that you couldn't see in the previous post. Hopefully I will get some more critique's because I need guidence.

edit: ... I always forget to post the pics lol:

03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread