Not CG!!! (gasp!) - Unplugged Art

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
I LOVE to Draw in paper...i simply cant draw with the Wacom XD. Though if i have no computer and i must use colors, then i prefer the Airbrush.

05 May 2005
I've had rather attrocious outcomes with acrylics, never tried oils and had moderate success with watercolor. Still a fan of black and white though, something with a bit more control than i've been able to find with paints...so for me its:

Charcoal
Grahpite (the top two switch)
Ink! Either ballpoint pen or india ink
Color Pencil
Marker (not good at them, but fun)
Oil Pastel

I'll learn to paint some day...

05 May 2005
i'm a HUGE fan of black ball point pen on my moleskine pads. it's pretty raw looking!

05 May 2005
- pencils
- tempera
- oils (they dry very long though and sometimes i'm very impatient )
- my blood on a sharpened stick -> LOL a joke

05 May 2005
Talking

in class i do some decent doodles in pen. But at home i likey Ebony pencil, prisma color pencils, chavant clay, i just got working with oils and it loads better for me then acrylics.

That's about it. The computer would be my best.

05 May 2005
This "What is your favorite..." stuff is so lame

For those of you who have children, quick! Which one's your favorite?

05 May 2005
An orange #2 pencil and a fine tipped red ink pen.

DWIII Entry

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by noen: This "What is your favorite..." stuff is so lame

For those of you who have children, quick! Which one's your favorite?

My son

Anyways as far as the thread is concerned.

col erase (red or blue)
ballpoint pen
marker and micron
or all of the above combined

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by MKStudios: So the power is out, you dropped your laptop in the tub, the dog ate your tablet pen.

What is your favorite traditional art medium?

Okay - I'll start. I tend to favor acrylic. I like it's durability and drying time to do glazes and layers of colors.

runner up: Super sculpey.

The next challenge: oil. I've screwed around enough with it in the past to make some really big messes but have a new project to see what I can do now.

Anybody else got some unplugged favorites?

Charcoal pencils, lead pencils, rollerball pens and acrylic. Working on using oil paints, but I hate the fact it dries so slowly. Acrylic dries too quickly, though. Maybe someday someone will create a happy middle... a "just right".

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by CCDrkNrgy: Acrylic dries too quickly, though. Maybe someday someone will create a happy middle... a "just right".

Don't you mean happy medium? Har har!

You may want to check out Golden's Acrylic Glazing Liquid. I've used it a little and it slows down the drying time enough to blend it like oil.

05 May 2005
Oils for large work, this setup for example (5 hours into my art exam 2 weeks ago)...

But i only do that at college/in an art studio... at home its acrylic or watercouor, though to be honest, its mostly sketching with mechanical pencil/ball point pen, or the occasional pen and ink

by the way, this is that painting finished...

Last edited by TheCleaner : 05 May 2005 at 06:18 AM.

05 May 2005
My favorite "traditional medium"? Watercolor! I have used others like oils, acrylic ,airbrush... but watercolors is my favourite, indeed

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread