Old 04-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
JessieK
portfolio
Jessie Kitchens
Aviation Mechanic
Dyncorp International
USA

Send a message via AIM to JessieK
Can anyone mentor me (a Full Sail University Student)?

Hi everyone,

I just started college for a BA in computer animation. I recently started downloading all the programs I will need for computer animation. I am realizing that I have my work cut out for me. I see great work from people on here, and I want to get to that point. I haven't got to the main courses in my college just yet, but I want to be ready when I do. I am a student at Full Sail University (online).

I am trying to find a mentor to help guide me through the start of my training and career. I just have so much software now, that I have no clue where to start. I have Maya and a few other great programs. I open them up and I am amazed and confused all at the same time. I have great ideas, but I can't even bring them to life right now. I just need help getting started.

Thank you for your time,
Jessie Kitchens

Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
AcmeImages
Always Learning
portfolio
Chris Caufield
Character Animator
EA Sports
USA

Send a message via AIM to AcmeImages
I tried sending you a private message, but it seems to be blocked. check out my website, acmeimages.com and contact me if you're interested.

Best of luck!

Chris

Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
thehive
Expert
portfolio
Eric Robert
animator/ illustrator
work/\holic Studios.com
Orlando, United States

I'm a former student, first question is do you want to only animate or be a jack of all trades?

if its animation FS is not what you want you would be better off at animation mentor or I animate(way cheaper). all i have is a AA from there an have been able to make a career but the loan repayment i have pretty much stop paying them as id be living under a bridge if paid them. my experience working at actual animation studios hasn't been pretty one place i was paid 16 an hr "joke" an at DD in Port St Lucie it was 12 an the worst experience of my entire life, can you get gigs that pay 50 an hr sure but they are short at best week to 3weeks worth of work. Im not saying not to do it, i love do 3D and animation work, but look at your repayment terms cause FS hours don't allot for full time work to help you get ahead of the payments. i know a lot of peeps from fs with BAs an owing 100k most jobs in animation at the max pay 60k but that senior level in California economics that like making like 30k. Hope that helps in some ways paying back 100k is not pretty

Old 05-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
JessieK
portfolio
Jessie Kitchens
Aviation Mechanic
Dyncorp International
USA

Send a message via AIM to JessieK
Ya I hope to get a decent paying job. I am doing full sail free pretty much. I won't owe anything. I am prior military, so I have the GI Bill paying everything. Thank you for the tips though.

I will get on that site and try to send you a message on there. Thank you

Old 05-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
thehive
Expert
portfolio
Eric Robert
animator/ illustrator
work/\holic Studios.com
Orlando, United States

well if your getting it paid yea, most decent jobs u can get starting 40k an up

Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
TheWulu
portfolio
Wu Lu
anywhere, Canada

Full Sail has free tutors for all degree programs. They don't presume to know about a school they never went to, about your finances, nor do they try to become your personal budget planner either when you ask them for animation help. Just request a tutor.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread