The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Eric Machmer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Eric Machmer

Eric Machmer is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final Image

Last edited by oceanbluesky : 04 April 2006 at 01:46 PM. Reason: forget it, those colors were ridiculous

04 April 2006
Wow Eric, all of your objects are wonderfully detailed, excellent work man! Your entry is very original, it has that sort of surreal feel to it! Keep it up, I am definitely liking what I see!

Matt

04 April 2006
That's some really cool and original work you have been doing - not sure how I missed this post until now but I'm happy to have seen it now
Oh and are you really from Christmas Island? that's pretty cool as well

04 April 2006
colors are great, i'll check frequently your work man, really interesting

04 April 2006
Hello! many thanx for your words and advice on my thread, i think your face expressions are very well done, the one of the right is simply great , and the colors fits perfect..good progress ..keep going man! we are aproaching to the end of this journey!

04 April 2006
Great designs, very original! It's good to model with no pre-defined sketch that does not allow any modification. Really nice

04 April 2006
How could I miss this great thread? You got so much details and interesting elements,
You really should go for a huge render to show them off!
Most of all, I liked the ornamental frame, awsome!
I'll keep an eye on this thread, for sure!
Great job so far!

05 May 2006

emm~ your work is just like your name, ocean, blue, sky!
just want to know how far you are from ending it? coz it now looks pretty cool already.
keep it up bro!

05 May 2006
Hey Jack! Glad you like these elements hopefully a rough draft of the final comp will be up soon. (Can't wait!) Thanks for the encouragement too; good luck as well.

05 May 2006
ocean, thank you so much for your supports on LRP, thank you.

time's tinking. let's both move forward. hope to see your final soon. Good luck friend.

05 May 2006
Hey Jack, thanks for the encouraging words! Looking forward to seeing more updates of your "princess," too -- she's coming along wonderfully...good luck!!

04 April 2006
Thanks Alvin, Vincent, Sathe, Gunilla, Mohammad, Matt, Joblh, and of course MT...glad to be of help and appreciate the encouraging comments. --I think for the next post I'll try Photoshop's selective optimization feature to retain saturation in some areas of the image. (I hope...)

Excellent, exciting suggestion Joblh (cool name you have too)...adding yellow touches to the pink of her suit would be really interesting. I'll try it out. Perfect suggestion!

Thanks again all!

04 April 2006
Looking great, especially the ones at the start. That flying machine? Looking really cool

04 April 2006
Hi Eric, man I really like your way of designing, both story and graphics, I find your transportation tree shaped very amusing, your character looks nice too, very promising, I am waiting to see your work done, very promising... Eric, thanks for your commets con my post too. It is really nice how this helps artists to share commets and get in touch.. GOOD LUCK.

04 April 2006
Wow you are dedicated.
I must admit I find it impossible to upload images without tweaking them in PS but this is just brilliant. Such great imagination and love put into that.
I have a sneaky feeling you have done character design work before after seeing this sheet

Lovely work and a great image as well

Thread Closed share thread