GAC#11 - Jack the Ripper

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
GAC#11 - Jack the Ripper

I decided to go ahead with Jack instead of Rasputin. The more I started to think about the characters the more I started to like Jack.

Updated information...

Character: Jack the Ripper

Background: ...

Hair: black with traces of grey
Eyes: yellow/green
Weapon: assortment of daggers and knives

Last edited by Serul : 12 December 2004 at 01:03 PM.

12 December 2004
nice choice serul, good luck

btw, loved ur evil panda.

12 December 2004
Thanks CGG!

Alright so I got sort of sidetracked with Half Life 2 at the moment... yes I am weak .

Anyway I'll continue shortly after .

12 December 2004
if you're going to be inspired by the faces of evil and judging by your previous challenge this is gonna rock

12 December 2004
Right, now with Half Life 2 out of the way... I can continue working on this project. I've updated the frst post with some additional information, but there will be more added later.

I'll be working on concepts for a while and probably start modelling beginning of January.

I'll keep you guys updated with any new information when there is any.

12 December 2004
Ok... so I just started modelling for the hell of it. Playing around with body proportions right now, as you can probably tell from the picture, I'll be going for a thin, lanky but muscular look. I'll be drawing up concepts on my trip. Won't really have any acces to a computer anyway.

So here's the progress for now... Any comments?

12 December 2004
Looking like a real nice flow there man, there isn't much to crit, but whats there is good.

01 January 2005
Ugh... got too busy to really work on it. An now I can't really finish it in time. Anyway this is the furthest that I got. I uploaded the pictures for anybody who's interested in the construction.

Neck detail

It turned out to be a good exercize in polygon flow... but that's about it. I got kind of carried away and took way too long. I'm still not too happy with some parts, especially shoulders.

Ah well...

Last edited by Serul : 01 January 2005 at 08:14 PM.

01 January 2005
I just love the polygonal flow.

looking ace apart from the fact that it's nothing special yet in relation to jack the ripper.

keep on trucking.

01 January 2005
This caught my eye as I'm working on a 'Jack the Ripper' piece at the moment, but a concept in 2D. This model is looking very nice so far. Very clean polys and flow, with good proportions. Looking forward to its progression.

01 January 2005
Really Cool.I love the polygon flow.Do you happen to have any tutorials or anything?Because the flow of your loops and rings are awesome.

01 January 2005
Equinoxx - Thanks! And you're absolutely right. I got carried away and wasted too much time of perfecting something that I lost interest and enough time to finish up.

Poshspice - Thanks for the compliments, unfortuanetly this model will not be finished anymore, I simply have no desire to work on it anymore. I am however interested in your Jack the Ripper piece. Any possibilty of getting a little preview?

LiquidMetal - Thanks as well! I don't really have any tutorials on this type of subject. However I used anatomy drawings of a humanfigure depicting muscle groups as referance. And so I tried to follow the flow of muscle as much as possible. Also I like to keep polygons quaded, so you'll rarely see any triangles in my models. Unless there game models of a lower resolution.

01 January 2005
Sorry to hear you're giving up. Your anatomy reference work out well, because the mesh topology is excellent. Good luck on future efforts.

01 January 2005
amazing topology. I saved that stuff STRAIGHT to my HD for reference cause its pretty much perfect.

01 January 2005
man ur edgeflow rules!!

good work, eventho not finished

Thread Closed share thread