Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

Maya 2012/13 causing system freeze with custom shaders

Hi All

I`ve recently upgraded from maya 2010 and am running into a problem with system freezes with the new maya interfaces in 2012/13.
When moving the camera around the system maya will stop responding , then a few seconds later the whole system freezes up requiring a soft reboot.
The scene is using custom game shaders, its ok with standard and vray shaders. But other people using the same shaders arnt having this issue.
I`ve downloaded the latest nvidia drivers (314.22) and havent had this issue on anything else ie photoshop, dp, games,etc only in the newer Maya interface.

My PC Ssecs are:
Intel Core i7-2600K
ASUS P8P67 PRO
16gb DDR3 SDRAM
Zotac GeForce GTX 465 1GB

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

Anyone?

Just as an update, went through my drivers and bios and reinstalled the latest versions but still
get the freezes.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Partaboy
portfolio
Jani Partanen
Web Designer
Helsinki, Finland

If you have any other graphics related software running like desktop switchers, custom codecs and such, try disabling them if you haven't already.

Maybe it is worth trying to install clean windows to another hard drive or use some virtualization software to see if it is hardware or software related.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partaboy
If you have any other graphics related software running like desktop switchers, custom codecs and such, try disabling them if you haven't already.

Maybe it is worth trying to install clean windows to another hard drive or use some virtualization software to see if it is hardware or software related.

Thanks, but i tried another windows install on another drive and that seemed to have the same problem albeit not as bad. I`ve decided to upgrade my motherboard to a new Z77 chipset. I`ve had a few issues with this one and so hopefully a new install will improve things.
I`ll update when it arrives.

Ta

Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread