1950s home work desk.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2014
1950s home work desk.

I have deiced to do a scene from the later 1950s. What a work desk might look like back then. So here is the beginning of it.

This is an old 1950s radio. Complete on the molding (except for the square box on the panel, I might inset that) not going to model the back. Working on recreating the panel with all the lettering in AI at the moment, and will finish the rest soon.
Let me know if you see something I missed or can do better.
Bonus note: First model using the OpenSubdiv modifier, I am loving it!

Ref:

Model:

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by surgesus: I have deiced to do a scene from the later 1950s. What a work desk might look like back then. So here is the beginning of it.

This is an old 1950s radio. Complete on the molding (except for the square box on the panel, I might inset that) not going to model the back. Working on recreating the panel with all the lettering in AI at the moment, and will finish the rest soon.
Let me know if you see something I missed or can do better.
Bonus note: First model using the OpenSubdiv modifier, I am loving it!

So quick edit: After posting I notice now that it look to deep, the Ref has 5 button where I have four, and the front panel has a hole where is it not quite reaching the top....

12 December 2014
Update

Updated fix and added weave for front face.

12 December 2014
Update

Update on the radio I have been working on. Still going to change some things, Fix wood texture and the light, but just about done. Let me know what you think

On to the next asset, going to be a clock, think something round to help with the composition.

Something like this:

12 December 2014
Update

Here is an update on the clock, I do notice after posting this I forgot the the top part, LOL. Oh well will add it later.

Going to block out the desk now to figure what I want to add..

Ref:

Model:

reply share thread