Need advice on moving from Max

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Weeks Ago
C4D is very, very fast to work with. That is its biggest plus versus 3DMax.

You could even model some stuff in 3DMax as you are used to, and use C4D as a fast scene layout, animation and final lighting and rendering tool. Its very good for that.

MaxToC4D makes transferring 3D stuff from Max to C4D quite easy from what I am told:

http://www.3dtoall.com/products/maxtoc4d/

For soft tissue deformation animation you may find that C4D's Point-Level Animation (PLA) feature as well as easy to set up cloth simulation works well.

As others have said, MadMicrobe does some pretty impressive medical animations with C4D. Well worth checking out.

3 Weeks Ago
Iíve used both from V1 - thatís how old I am!

Max is a complete mess of a ui now I feel. So many nodal pop ups that should be accessible. †

The he main reason I use C4D for the sort of. Work I do is that you can have multiple files open with it the Same instance and copy and paste between them. †The object / layers / takes / render setups and queue are far superior.

The biggest cons for me are the Workspace performance Uv tools and lack of a node material system despite the fact it had a node system (expresso) before most and then basically left it. Hopefully these will be rectified soon.

reply share thread