|10 October 2012|
Santa Monica, USA
Luma Pictures - FX Artists Position (Los Angeles)
FX Artists (Maya, Houdini, Realflow, 3dsMax, Krakatoa, Fume, etc)
Luma Pictures is an artist centric feature film VFX studio located two blocks from the beach in Santa Monica, California. *We maintain a unique culture with an amazingly talented staff and are always on the lookout for exceptional people for full time and project positions.
- Light and render FX passes for specific shots using developed FX rigs
- Develop rigs/techniques to implement and optimize approved looks
- Produce look tests based on provided reference materials
- Creation of tools and scripts to facilitate workflow
- Artist should be familiar with more than one of the following applications:
- Python scripting experience is a plus
- Understanding multi pass 3D compositing is a plus
- Artists must be able to take direction and work in a team focused environment, good communication skills are a must
- Strong time management skills and extremely organized.
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations.
- Must be willing & able to relocate to LA if necessary
If you think you fit the bill and want a quick response, upload your reel/portfolio and a shot breakdown to www.lumapictures.com.