UGAC - Super Shiny and Sexy vehicle - OriK

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2006
Sorry for the rare replies again . I just ordered an inetconnection which allows a better communication (worked fine without for 3 years but it's time to change something now ).
I have tested the normalmap with different shaders and sometimes it works and sometimes not, hmm. The underbody looks really wrong but the upper body looks fine. Don't ask why. Maybe the normalbumb material in max makes something wrong/right . But I try to avoid flipped normal maps too.

@MVP
Thats the "specular-reflective" part for the driver display. Looks pretty nice in motion.

@Azeiku
What you marked is an air intake for the rear engines. I should add more depth to the normalmap to let it look more like an air intake .

Once again, thanks to all. It was a nice challenge. Although I have many concepts on paper it was the first concept car I realized in 3d.

06 June 2006
Hey your vehicle looks really impressive, I think a internet connection at home will be a great help. keep up the good and cool work in the future!

06 June 2006
It's a cool vehicle, but to be honest, it seems only usefull as a floating/hovering/flying vehicle, and in that case the twisted wheels are just redundant.
There is a reason wheels have to touch the ground in real life you know. There is a reason there is a space between wheels and framework. Wheels are not a solid object, nor does a frame (with dampers) behave as a solid object.
And that's not going to be changing in the future.

06 June 2006
there are engines that handle the flipping of UVs for normal mapping. i think its just a costly calculation, thats the problem as to why you dont see many ppl doing it. I think doom3 did it with their characters...

06 June 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread