The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: David Sourwine

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Fantastic work! It's come along wonderfully, I am in love.

Lower dino's head looks a little flat, but that's my only crit and I was nitpicking. You have a fine piece here! It reminds me of Balistic's work http://www.bprince.com/trexD.jpg
I wouldn't be surprised to see this up with the winners...good luck with the judging!

05 May 2006
dinosaurs attack! lovely render and lighting man keep it up!

portfolio : www.geocities.com/nardsdesign
favourite links : www.actionscript.org, www.ultrashock.com, www.javascript.com

05 May 2006
Final Image: The Uncharted Fishing Hole

The boy is on his epic quest to find the fishing hole of a life time! He will be crossing into uncharted land guarded only by a simple farmer's fence. The simple farmer's fence though is not what makes this uncharted, Oh no, its the boy eating Tyrannosaurus Rex that prowls the enchanted lands. Lucky for him this day the Tyrannosaurus had other prey. You see even a typical day off to go fishing can turn into an epic quest if you bring along a very important tool. Your imagination.

Website(full of goodies)

The Journey Begins

05 May 2006
Thumbs up

Hey david! great job on finishing and I must say this is one great peice , its on my favs list and i really hope you get one of the top spots. I will see you around these forums in the future i hope!

Cheers fellow Nova Scotian!

05 May 2006
hey great pic, dinos looks good and the mood is there, best of luck to you!

05 May 2006
Thumbs up superb lighting.. nice pic

u got the most important tool in your toolkit... imagination

concept is cool...

thats all that i ve got to say

good luck for the judging

regards
Sivaprasad Velayudhan

05 May 2006
marvelous entry i must say,very tight rendering and great sense of lighting~bless u from the bottom of my heart and good luck in the final judging.

05 May 2006
I really like this one! I love exploring uncharted territory and sometimes my imagination gets a little carried away too--making the whole experience all that much more enjoyable!

GOod luck!

05 May 2006
Talking

Thank-you all so much for your kind words. It wouldn't be were it is without your ideas and critic. Its also just nice to know that people are actualy viewing your work and liking it. It's not something just your mom goes "Oh this is lovely dear, you have worked so hard on this." Praise to all the moms who can hold a straight face.

Well this is it for my first challange, Good Luck to all! I've had a blast learning on this one and I'm sure you'll see me in future ones ^.~

It gets a bit addictive this challange stuff

Website(full of goodies)

The Journey Begins

05 May 2006
Congratulations on finishing, David. Wonderful rendering style and lighting, very nice work!

-mike

05 May 2006
I absolutely love this peice. Really great imagination you have. The boys pose and expression is fantastic. Great Work!

05 May 2006
Thumbs up

I really like composition in this piece, really nice I like the detail leve, not overdetailed, nicely done Good luck

05 May 2006
wow what a masterpiece . No words, no crits. Fantastic!

Good luck.

05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread