New free crash course video for sculpting

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Great to see you back doing tutorials Mash, always loved your presenting style and how engaging you are. I've learnt so much from you over the years. Thanks for passing on your knowledge.

1 Week Ago
These are terrific Mash - really brilliant. I am getting crushed by work but have seen a good portion of the sculpting introduction. I cant wait to finish watching and apply.
Such a good presentation! Thank you!!! Cheers, D

6 Days Ago
Awsome, going to watch this as soon as I have more than a couple of mins to spare. Thanks for your time Mash.

I would love to see a guide to managing large scenes covering working with a high number of objects, layers, ways of managing texture paths when you have accumulated 1000's of textures and models in your collection (my C4D setup is really struggling with this), and finally TAKES!

Cheers

6 Days Ago
Originally Posted by rob rhodes: and finally TAKES!

Ho! Ho! Ho! merry christmas young man!

6 Days Ago
Wow seasons greetings to you too! Amazing I'll have a watch now. Thanks Mash

6 Days Ago
'Glass'lol!

Excellent tut Mash. My biggest fear about takes has been working on a large project under the heat of a deadline and when I'm ready to hit render on a few different cams I end up with random things missing or moving in each cam. I think I'm just not diligent enough to remember always to switch to 'main' take before making changes, especially adding extra material tags and poly selections, I do that all the time and they will end up being missed in the main take. I like your guidance of probably getting everything right and then sorting out the takes right at the end but I suppose you have to be sure that everything is definitely finished otherwise im in the same boat of working in one take and scratching my head when moving to another take only to find they is a load of stuff missing/changed I hadn't intended.

Practice I suspect is the key! Undoubtedly its a strong feature as I usually end up with several 3GB files all the same only with different cameras or things switched off for rendering which is also a nightmare!

Looking forward to seeing what you have lined up next.
Thanks again for your time and help.
Rob

2 Days Ago
Thanks very much for the video run-through! Extremely helpful!

1 Day Ago
Thank you, all this time iv had the take system and for some reason iv never used it, I will now. Very well done.

Dan

reply share thread