Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
Drako
portfolio
Eric Nicodemus
EDN Studios
Galloway, USA

Hair Help/Ganondorf

Hello,
I'm working on a rather large project, and currently working on a Ganondorf model to use in an animation. I want to ask the community here for some help. I'm working on Ganondorf's hair, and can't really figure out what would be the best way to tackle it. I've made separate geometry for his couple of "rolls" on the top of his head, but as it comes to his side burns, which as we know, are attached to his eyebrows, and then continue down to his beard, I'm hesitant to make that a seperate mesh, and doesn't seem like the best idea. So I wanted to ask, what would you guys suggest? Should I use a separate mesh, use the hair paint efx or what? I haven't worked with hair before so I'm new to this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Drako
portfolio
Eric Nicodemus
EDN Studios
Galloway, USA

Continued...

Also, I've done some research on plug-ins and have seen people using a couple of different plug-ins to generate and manage hair, like Shave and Haircut. This looks like it may be the right direction for my Ganondorf model, but I'm still unsure, and would like to hear what you guys would have to say. What hair generator would you recommend? And where might I get these plug-ins?

Old 01-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread