Cinema 4D R16 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by LOPOLO: The camera tracker can be used for object tracking of simple scene. The problem is when you want to interact with another object (smoke etc.). I tried it once and I´ve got this. It is not so good but sometimes better than nothing :-)

https://vimeo.com/89640927

(Unfortunately in czech but some pictures ..)
http://lopolo-blog.blogspot.cz/2014...fi-zaber-z.html

Nice example! Although it can be made to work for one object, you can't really track facial expressions (ar at least I don't see how it could be done), since that would mean the parallax/perspective changes from image to image.

For object tracking, the camera would move and the object would stay static. If you parent all the scene objects to the camera, the illusion of a moving object becomes feasible (or I'm sure there are ways to transfer that motion to the object afterward).

Anyway yes, I'm sure there are some tricks to be done for that purpose, but it wasn't designed for that initially.

08 August 2014
Just had a look through the TR changes - the blurb says TRServer is like NETServer but it looks there's still no ability to only render missing frames - anyone know if that's correct? Also is there any control over how the job is divided - i.e. sequentially rather than slicing the job up into chunks?

Reason I ask is that I've had a few occasions where TR just gives up and stops, and because of how the job is split it leaves a terrible mess of frames and gaps behind.

Thanks - Chris

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: Just had a look through the TR changes - the blurb says TRServer is like NETServer but it looks there's still no ability to only render missing frames - anyone know if that's correct? Also is there any control over how the job is divided - i.e. sequentially rather than slicing the job up into chunks?

Reason I ask is that I've had a few occasions where TR just gives up and stops, and because of how the job is split it leaves a terrible mess of frames and gaps behind.

Thanks - Chris

i saw another user mention that and i just did not understand what it meant?

under NET it was easy for it to update it's frame list and then only send out the missing frames (yes i know under TR/Render Queue this was a mess)

but with NET it worked and it seems to me that the new TRS (team render server) is NET updated (based on the very similar feature set, hoping more advance features come later)

but all i ever did to re-run a job with missing frames or one i've stopped and restarted is just click the UPDATE button on the project page for that project folder and NET would update it's list of frames/percentate done and then START the job and off it would go.

am i missing something? i would HOPE that TRS will run the same way (seeming it's NET reincarnate)

dann
-

08 August 2014
TR server is essentially all the bits we liked about Net but with new bells and whistles. I just rendered a scene, deleted 10 random frames and hit start again in the server web app; it filled in all the missing files.

It's been a painful year or two but we're back on solid ground

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by imashination: TR server is essentially all the bits we liked about Net but with new bells and whistles. I just rendered a scene, deleted 10 random frames and hit start again in the server web app; it filled in all the missing files.

just great news to hear... looking forward to seeing the TR Server in person.

dann
-

Last edited by dann_stubbs : 08 August 2014 at 06:58 AM.

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by fluffouille: Nice example! Although it can be made to work for one object, you can't really track facial expressions (ar at least I don't see how it could be done), since that would mean the parallax/perspective changes from image to image.

This is problem of my lame english probably. :-) I thought to make 2D tracking for face expression. It is a different task and it has nothing to do with this exmple.

Originally Posted by fluffouille: For object tracking, the camera would move and the object would stay static. If you parent all the scene objects to the camera, the illusion of a moving object becomes feasible (or I'm sure there are ways to transfer that motion to the object afterward).

I thought it should be easy and there should be a way how to invert it but I didn't find it.

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by imashination: TR server is essentially all the bits we liked about Net but with new bells and whistles. I just rendered a scene, deleted 10 random frames and hit start again in the server web app; it filled in all the missing files.

Woohoo!!

Thanks for the info mash

08 August 2014
hi there, i guess its still not possible to use poly tools and specially the new pentool with all the nice symmetry funktion of the sculpting tools ...if so, WHHHHYYY?!

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by MAN0: hi there, i guess its still not possible to use poly tools and specially the new pentool with all the nice symmetry funktion of the sculpting tools ...if so, WHHHHYYY?!

I suspect you could get that functionality by placing the polygon within a symmetry object just as you can when modelling in any other method!? - I often box model that way.

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

08 August 2014
He's likely talking about the radial symmetry, though, or the fact that we still use symmetry on asymmetrical objects if we wish.
This would yield a lot of benefits to our modeling set, but we're not there yet.

08 August 2014
Happy SIGGRAPH madness everyone. Ah, I just love the holidays.

08 August 2014
Originally Posted by fluffouille: He's likely talking about the radial symmetry, though, or the fact that we still use symmetry on asymmetrical objects if we wish.
This would yield a lot of benefits to our modeling set, but we're not there yet.

yes, thats what i mean. what a shame...we already got the (very good) base for the sculpting tools. without bein a coder i can imagine this is not very hard to do for all the other poly tools but seems like it is. or overlooked :(

reply share thread