My first character

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
My first character

tell me what you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (3.4 KB, 173 views)

06 June 2003
Looks like a decent start. You should move this over to one of the WIP forums though, as you're likely to get more replies. Do you have any pre-production sketches? Or are you just modelling on the fly?

06 June 2003
i would say modeling on the fly,thanks for the advise.

06 June 2003
This is pretty vague...tell you the truth i would wait to post until you have the general conept..Keep going definatley want to see it further along.....keep us updated

-Marcinko-
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"-Albert Einstein-

06 June 2003
hey

Just a question. In animation is it better to make a model complicated...or defined and not complicated.

06 June 2003
In my opinion, I think a model should be defined and not complicated. This usually allows for a MUCH easier time doing whatever with the character you want, animating the face... body.. whatever.. If your character is real complicated, ie: hair, clothes, robe, scarf, fat... all these things need to be taken in to account when animating... When a character like this moves, there are a ton of things that need to occur to make the character believable, hair blowing in the wind if applicable, any type of cloth should move... fat needs a spring system in order to be believable. So there.. i think my point is made. If, however, you are an experienced animating that even knows how to do stuff like that (IE: not me ) then feel free...

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread