Joker - The Killing Joke (CG interpretation), Nduc (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2017
Joker - The Killing Joke (CG interpretation), Nduc (3D)

Title: Joker - The Killing Joke (CG interpretation)

Name: Nduc

This is a personal project.
The workflow was basicaly the same except the face texturing, I used projection from photos and completed it in Mari.
I sculpted a blocking it in Zbrush from a basemesh and projected alphas from XYZ for details. There is no rigg on him, just a blendshape for the other expression.
Rendered in maya/Vray. The hair was made with Ornatrix and global texturing in Substance Painter. I used Marvelous for the clothing including the hat.

I begun this character last year for training and I did a brake because I was not satisfied enough and took time to have fresh view. The main objective was to represent the Joker from Allan Moore's "The Killing Joke" comic book as a realistic character without denature the original design. It was very challenging to make him more disturbing/creepy/mad and not ridiculous. I used a lot of references from particular actor faces to make his expression credible. . It is not perfect but I am happy with it.

I hope you will like it !

08 August 2017
This is amazing! Duc... Any chance you have a tutorial or do you have project files we can study?

08 August 2017
Creepy enough...mission accomplished

08 August 2017
Wicked cool... Very expressive and believable. Dope.

08 August 2017
Wow that is disturbing definitely...very well done though. *thumbs up*

LINK: Crashing Star Wars Ships #03

08 August 2017
Thanks every body !
@Vincef18 Sorry I have not planned to make a tutorial, I am not a good speaker and explainer in english. Maybe some time I will make a live work on twitch but it would be a premiere so I am not confident with that. About files to study I don't provide any of my work files to people, sorry.

Cheers !

reply share thread