I Don't Exist, Sue Marino (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2011
I Don't Exist, Sue Marino (2D)

Title: I Don't Exist
Name: Sue Marino
Software: Photoshop

This one's been hanging around for a while now and I didn't really like it at first but on reflection it's grown on me so I thought I'd post it to see what you thought!
Someone did tell me a long time ago that I didn't exist but thankfully I never believed him though I never forgot his cruelty.
As always done with photoshop over several days.

10 October 2011
I love this Sue. The painting is gorgeous. The theme is more common than we think. Well done.

10 October 2011
Great piece, Sue I'm glad you chose to send it in here. The title and the image really made me think. It's very mysterious...

10 October 2011
Another home run with me....this is awesome work. The skin the lips the blue eye are perfect!

10 October 2011
Great work!! nice to see your update!

10 October 2011
Oh, thanks so much guys for your comments. I'm glad you like it.

10 October 2011
Talking

This one's actually pretty beautiful and very well rendered. I like the varying color themes, like the magenta on the left, the different eye colors, and the greenish tint around the left eye (her left). I'm glad you didn't take that mean comment to heart. I know how words can hurt, especially when you're young. I like this slightly exposed face through a dirty, wet window look (although the grey of the wet glass gets a little heavy here and there; but it works more than it doesn't).

Since this is already at a high level, I'm going to nit pick a little. A little heavy with the dark grey and black on the shading on the inside of the right (our right) upper eye lid and how it shades the upper part of the eyeball (although the eye itself is really well done). A little more definition on the right eye (a tad to vague and too light brown in comparison; obviously not the same color as the other eye; and not sure if it's intentional).

The nose, even the exposed part, is a tad too vague or softly defined (I'm guessing that noses are not your stronger feature in comparison to lips and eyes). Your lips are really good, and they have this almost crystallized quality to them (kind of subtle and doesn't feel like a glittery lip gloss, but looks really good on her). Her finger is also really well done for something so up close. And your composition is really good as well. I'm glad up posted it up. Keep it up. Great job.

10 October 2011
Thank you Veronica for your in depth critique. I will bear what you say in mind for the future.

10 October 2011
Nice work! I love the mood and good job on the water drops. Those are difficult to pull off. Cheers!

10 October 2011
Thanks for your comment Xia. Those water droplets were certainly a pain to paint!

10 October 2011
Nice work !

10 October 2011
Cool idea and nice rendering as well!
MY FACEBOOK ART PAGE!
MY DEV-ART PROFILE!
MY CG HUB PROFILE!

11 November 2011
Thumbs up

nice work "Sue"!

Me | In Facebook

11 November 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread