The problem of facerobot animation imoport to maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
The problem of facerobot animation imoport to maya

Hi everyone, how could i import the data of facerobot to maya? the data i import to maya is not correct, the animation is not completed.

Facerobot offer four ways to export:
1、generate point oven cache(.mdd)
2、plot xsi shapes
3、game export-poltted bones
4、animation export-linked shapes

I try to select option 4: animation export-linked shapes, I follow the prompts to select create samplers, build rig, transfer the animation frame, finally i export the rig.

I go back to maya, import facerobot and choose the file, maya distinguish the file but the animation is not correct, some region animation is lost...the locator can not control the model.

Old 07 July 2013   #2
hi everyone,
I found that the data loss derived from facerobot major the paryt of eyes:
1 Upperorbit
2 Upper eyelid
3 Lower eyelid
4 Lowerorbit
But why?..

Old 07 July 2013   #3
when you transfer face robot animation by any means other than point cache you loose some data particularly around the eyelids for example.

http://download.autodesk.com/global...imationRigs.htm

Quote: Notes and Limitations for the Animation Rig Export

In order for the Animation Rig to behave exactly like the Face Robot head, make sure that the zeroed-out version of the Face Robot head is identical to its original version. This is because the Animation Rig is always based on the original version of the Face Robot mesh.

If you have lip-sync animation on the mouth controls, you need to select them and plot their animation into fcurves before the Face Robot head can be exported. This is because the Animation Rig can export only fcurves, and the lip-sync animation is driven by the SpeechBlend operator.

Use the Tools Plot All Transformations command and make sure to select Apply Plotted Animation to Object in the Plot dialog box - see Plotting (Baking) Animation for more information.

For best results with the animation rig, avoid extreme positions of the animation controls. This can cause problems with the shapes when exporting the rig.

Head rotation and translation are not supported for the Animation Rig Export.

Direction tracking is not supported for the Animation Rig Export.

The Lip Stiction feature is not supported for the Animation Rig Export.

Animated teeth collisions are not supported in Animation Rig Export, but static teeth collisions are supported.

Eyelid Bulge deformations and deformations resulting from rotating animation controls are not cached in the Animation Rig: they are simply ignored

Now, I am not sure if this addresses your specific issue. But what I have worked out as a solution on my end for my production is point cache and a character set up that allows me to have a head separate from the body with clothes.

My worklow is to export the plotted joints of the character neck and head to Softimage.

When setting up the head for face robot I use the keyframe option and place the root of the neck chain at the same location as the root of the neck in the body rig and the same with the head base.

That way I can animate these controllers by constraing them to the rig. I do all of the basic head movements in (for me MotionBuilder and then export to) Maya. Plot this out to Softimage and the head movements are taken care of.

Then all of the facial expressions are done in Face Robot.

The entire final animation I then point cache back to Maya if I remember correctly in World space. And in this case then the head is operating completely free of any animation in Maya. It is just following any of the movements I have already animated for the body and head.

Perhaps a little limiting. But basically the idea is to only use FB for expressions.

I am open to other people's workflows as well. But this is what I have so far. Leaving out a few details of course.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread