Hi all!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
Hi all!

As You can see in the image above I am spline modeling by using points and converting them to splines and then to polys. in the area that is not filled in with poly is where my problem is lightwave keeps telling me that curves dont cross prorperly but I dont see any error with them any help would be cool.

07 July 2003
You have 5 curves selected. Only 3 and 4 curves will patch. Check to see if what seem to be one curve doesn't acctually consist of two. I think I see two normals for the one thats traveling along the YZ plane.

Last edited by evenflcw : 07 July 2003 at 10:26 PM.

07 July 2003
In addition to that, you should read through this thread, as it has common solutions to the Curves Do Not Cross problem.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68895

www.stevewarner.com

07 July 2003
Thanks guys

Thanks guys I got the modeling done.

07 July 2003
In the future, how about a title more appropriate like "Spline Trouble".

Haven't the Mods mentioned this before?

07 July 2003
Hi

Hi I finished a short animation of what this lizard will look like when he talks. What do you think.
Lizard talk
How can I get his shadows to look better I thaught lightwave had the best render. Anyways what do you think.

07 July 2003
Quote: How can I get his shadows to look better I thaught lightwave had the best render

hee hee. Yeah, it must be the software, right?

Post a better render (less compression and more colors so there's no banding) and pick a neutral background color (ie. - not black) and maybe someone can attempt to answer your question.

07 July 2003
Also, turn down your global abience, under the light settings. This will give you shadows with more contrast, if that is what you are looking for.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread