Colorize Kelvin-style?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Display Modes
  06 June 2013
Colorize Kelvin-style?

Please see attached image and tell me if this is possible to do in photoshop. The image contains text describing what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colorize.jpg (78.7 KB, 30 views)
  06 June 2013
Yes, it's available here: image > adjust > gradient map.
It's even available as an adjustment layer so you can set the gradient at any time on top of your original layer.
  06 June 2013
Omg I feel so stupid, I thought the "gradient map" mearly created a gradient map as opposed to applying the color over an image, and since my test-subject WAS in fact a gradient map I didn't realize my mistake when I first tried it.

  07 July 2013
If for some reason you don't want to use gradient map you can do something similar by other way. You can make two or more solid color layers. In each layer put grayscale gradient as mask and play with levels on masks.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.