Armed and Dangerous Zulu Warrior

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #1
Armed and Dangerous Zulu Warrior

Hi everyone,
I'm new to CG Society and was introduced to it when my friend told me they were hosting a Mudbox challenge.This is my WIP for a Zulu Warrior. I originally did a quick sketch in my sketch book and then base modeled in 3ds Max. After that I took it into Mudbox for my first pass at sculpting and painting. I have to continue to add accessories and pose the character. I'll have a post of my sketch on here later.

I'm trying to make him look like he's been battle tested. Maybe adding some scars and flesh cuts. Are there any suggestions or ideas on how I can approach this? Any comments or suggestion are welcome.Thanks in advance.

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/mudb...rogress/9998746

Steve

Last edited by ievets : 04 April 2012 at 06:31 AM.

Old 04 April 2012   #2
great little warrior, i like him...

Old 04 April 2012   #3
Hi Oglu Thanks. I'm a fan of big heads lol. I finally got around to posing him and adding more texture. I'm going to post it right now.

Old 04 April 2012   #4
Zulu Warrior Model Sheet

Here's a model sheet of my posed Zulu Warrior. Still got some accessories to add and maybe something for him to stand on. Since my last version this one has had updated shield, skin texture, eye, balls, and head band. I have to continue to work on his spear. I'm feeling like it's looking to plain.

http://challenge.cgsociety.org/mudbox/entry/ievets/model_sheet/9998769

Old 04 April 2012   #5
Nice update. Maybe you could try to sharpen the textures abit, or give them more resolution.

Keep it up.

Old 04 April 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread