Animation Layers Hate me and I think I may hate them...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Animation Layers Hate me and I think I may hate them...

Hey all,

I'm doing some character animation after a bit of a lapse in practice. Maya has changed a bit over the last 10 years and I need a little help understanding something.

Animation layers seem like a genius idea. How handy! However I seem to be missing something. If I have an object on a layer I don't seem to be able to edit it's curves in the graph editor by selecting the layer. I can however select the layer's INPUTS and then access curves on the graph editor. Unfortunately there isn't the normal list of channels (rotate, translate, scale, etc.) in the hierarchy nest listed on the left AND it seems I end up with the curves from ALL of the layers. I guess it's not a showstopper but it's kinda messy with multiple curves for the same axis from another layer.

I've tried, show all and a number of other options from the drop-downs with no joy.

Does that make a lick of sense? Any ideas. What am I doing wrong or is that just how it works?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Bumper : 10 October 2013 at 02:00 PM.

10 October 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread