3D Coat v4 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
3D Coat v4 released

Received the email this morning.
---------------------------------
Pilgway, the development studio behind 3D-Coat, popular voxel sculpting, 3d-model detailing and drawing application, is happy to announce the fourth installment of the program is now available for download and purchase. With V4 we have taken massive effort to deliver a whole set of new great features into 3D-Coat, all to make it an even more powerful and versatile 3D graphics toolset capable of realizing your most daring ideas...

Buy Full Professional V4 for $349 and Upgrade to V4 for 84$*! This is a time-limited offer ending on July 1, 2013, with the prices to be increased afterward.

Here is the list of 3D-Coat V4 key features:

- Live Clay released! We are glad to finally release long-awaited "dynamic tessellation" Live Clay sculpting tools. With Live Clay you won't bother anymore about resolution of your entire object, as now you'll have desired level of details only where you need it!
- Interface revised! New style. New Iconic look. New Start Dialog. New shaders preview, and more.
- Speed increased everywhere 3 to 10x. This is mostly related to Win version, Mac and Linux versions got speedup too, but Win version speedup is especially impressive!
- Painting emissive and colored specular introduced
- Painting over voxels/vertex painting introduced
- Possibility to retopo big meshes 10-50M and more
- Dozens of new tools and options
- New Spline drawing mode
- Major update of texture baking functions
- High-speed boolean operations in surface mode, hardsurface modeling with sharp edges
- Special tools for Product/Prototype modeling
- Overall speed, quality, and stability improved!
- Scripting via "C++ like" Angelscript

Find the complete list of V4 features and additions on the official 3D-Coat web-site: 3d-coat.com/3d-coat-v4/
Watch 3D-Coat V4 Promo video here: youtu.be/d8D1Kfz4BPQ
wyattharris.com Dig it!

05 May 2013
I had a nice post about this already but someone moved it to Press Releases where no one will see it for some reason.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=7594085
Sculpt first, Polygons later

Last edited by philnolan3d : 05 May 2013 at 05:19 PM.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by philnolan3d: I had a nice post about this already but someone moved it to Press Releases where no one will see it for some reason.

Because no one cares.

05 May 2013
Can't wait! Love using the program! Thanks for the update! Hope it keeps kicking a*s.

05 May 2013
Awesome update. Loving 3d coat more the more I use it.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Erka2: Because no one cares.

You should try reading before posting.
Sculpt first, Polygons later

05 May 2013
I care.

And will check out the new release later today, I was actually waiting for release news as opposed to installing the beta software. As far as I'm concerned this is much more interesting news than most... and way less depressing than vfx layoffs. Between this and zbrush I'm a happy camper.

05 May 2013
I played around with the liveclay feature in the beta and must say that I like it much better than what others do in this area to allow topology independent sculpting.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by philnolan3d: I had a nice post about this already but someone moved it to Press Releases where no one will see it for some reason.

It was moved there because it IS a direct copy and paste of a press release. Locking this one as a duplicate

Thread Closed share thread