Rotating Mograph effectors causes errors

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Rotating Mograph effectors causes errors

I've got a file where I've created a house that transforms from old/ run down to brand new. basically it's a bunch of Mograph effectors that do things like flip the windows around to reveal new ones, flip over roof shingles to reveal new ones, etc. My plan was to create all of these old to new transformations on the house first, and then bring this group of objects/ effectors into another file where I could animate the house as a group (just simple z position and y rotation). This all worked fine until I applied the y rotation to the null containing the house objects and effectors. For some reason I'm getting a slight glitch where parts of my roof shingles are not being effected when I render the animation. I'm noticing when I scrub through the animation in the viewport that the glitch is present at first, but when I release the mouse button, the glitch goes away. Unfortunately it's always present during a render. I've tried bringing in the house group as an Xref, and also applying the rotation in the original file, but each time rotating the group causes the glitch in the effectors, even though they are in the correct positions. I'm using Plain Effectors and Random effectors that move through the scene to create the transformations. Any insight into this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread