Tough design problem, please help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Tough design problem, please help

I need to design a logo/ID mark for my friend's company in China, but it's proving to be difficult. The company was called "Sunshine PCB manufacturers", but they need to change it because another PCB company already uses that title. But they still need to be called "Sunshine", or they may lose customers. Their company is already a well established brand over there, but unfortunately once they grew to a certain size the copyright officials took notice of something that I doubt they were even aware of.

So...I need to design a graphic that says "Sunshine" but can't use the actual word "Sunshine". The most it can say is "un hine" and I have to design a graphic/symbol that fills in the rest for the viewer/reader. I've done at least 15 graphics but they keep getting turned down by the Copyright Office. I'm starting to run out of ideas. This is very tough for me because I don't have much experience in graphic design. I was hoping that someone here has done graphics work before and might share some tips on how to approach a problem like this. I'm currently exploring some gestalt concepts that combine an image of the sun with the text. I'm not having much luck, though. I can't even include something like, say, an image of the sun with the word "shine" after it. There's just no way the company can say anything more than "un hine".

This isn't for money, it's a favor to a friend so I really want to find the right way to approach this design problem because I've been working on it for over a month and time is running out :(

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread