SimCloth test animations

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
That's ace !

Good work Rich
Ian

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by richardjoly: Thanks Dave. Here is the heavy duty model...

Sweet!

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by richardjoly: Time to share some tests I made with SimCloth. I invite you to do the same. Posting the setup window makes a quick reference for further use. Thanks.

I tested the tablecloth effect trying to come as close as possible to the real effect after my wife told me my test cloth was moving excessively. She showed me the real thing on a small table... Of course, as usual, she was right... I'm comming closer, some more tests to do.
http://www.rdn.qc.ca/eias/simcloth/AirDrag.mov

Here I tested a sphere with different stiffness values.
http://www.rdn.qc.ca/eias/simcloth/stiffness.mov

The same sphere with a stiffness of 100 in a staircase
http://www.rdn.qc.ca/eias/simcloth/...ss100stairs.mov

To be continued...

Excellent job Richard, and thanks for posting the project file(s). I love both of them. everyone is doing such cool stuff with symcloth I need to get some time to really work with it. I feel like I'm a kid with my nose pressed to the front window of the toy store, so many wondrous new things to play with!
Now if I could just get some time...

03 March 2007
Thanks for the nice comments. Nobody talk about how the animation manage to loop after the roll turned 90 degrees... Is it so obvious? I kinda tought it was a nice trick...

03 March 2007
are you just using the roll separately from a flat cloth plane? if not, I don't see the trick!

Ryan

04 April 2007
Ryan, when texturing the models, I forgot to make the side texture of the cloth roll loopable and I did not want to re-render.
It looked like this...
Jump cut

So, as I already was in postprod, I simply pasted a section of the first frame over the roll and made a 5 sec transition from 0 to 100% opacity so the last frame is identical to the first. This was the easy way out of a mistake...

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread