Delayed Animation on Clones

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Delayed Animation on Clones

Here is a much simplified scene for reference:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgwf78lqx...Grow%20Test.c4d

Essentially I have made a low poly tree that "pops" up from the ground. The Tree parts are in a fracture object which is effected by a Plain Effector (scale) with linear fall off, which moves up through the tree, revealing it. A taper deformer moves along with it, just adding visual interest. A Delay effector is present to add spring the the animation.

I have two issues:

(1) The delay effector stops working once object is cloned.

(2) I would like to clone the tree (actually a couple variations of trees in the real project) along a path (the tree line). I want control of the tree clones, so they "pop up" along a path or fall off object.

The inheritence effector does not seem to consider these mograph and deformer animations.

What is the best way I can achieve this?

- Thanks

Old 12 December 2012   #2
I'd love some insight into this. I got a response on another forum where the poster rebuilt the scene without my plain effector or taper deformer, just using simple scale on the whole tree, and offset clones with inheritance effector. However, this is a much simplified animation, and with my full tree doesn't look nearly as good.

Is there anyway to offset animation of clones, where the animation is not just PSR values but deformations and mograph effectors?

Old 12 December 2012   #3
FACEPALM

The step effector did the trick. Literally one of the first things I tried. I had tried offset numbers that were too low to tell much of a difference. Because I was used to the inheritance needing a value of 1-3 frames for the effect I was going for, I did not think to crank up the step effector to 100F which is what finally gave me a noticeable "flow".

::sigh:: I hope this post helps someone else one day...

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread