|08 August 2017|
Silo 2.5 is here!
We are very excited to let you know that we’ve released a major new Silo version, Silo 2.5, which is a free upgrade to all existing Silo 2 users! This new version includes a ton of key improvements, including expanded file format support (Fbx and Collada/Dae), an all-new modern look and feel, and loads of usability improvements and bug fixes.
Grab the update now at http://nevercenter.com/silo.
Haven’t purchased Silo yet? You’re in luck, it’s on sale now for just $99US to celebrate the launch of version 2.5, and the download above includes a free 7-day trial period.
Here’s a list of many of the improvements and features we’re put into this big update:
- Collada and FBX format support (import and export).
- Completely updated, modern, cleaner interface styling.
- Simplified Button Settings editor for easier custom setup design.
- Updated drawing code with in-app anti-aliasing setting.
- Added menu item to reveal custom primitives folder.
- Custom primitives folder can now include nested directories.
- Newly loaded files are now automatically framed in the viewport.
- New presets for color settings.
- Updated presets for mouse settings.
- Various other interface streamlining and improvements.
- Fixed bug some users experienced with selection when anti-aliasing was enabled.
- FACT file import/export bug fixes.
- STL file import/export bug fixes.
- Fixed some tools reverting to the wrong manipulator.
- Fixed some manipulators allowing incorrect selections.
- Many error messages moved to pop-ups to make it more apparent when something goes wrong.
- Images always saved with correct extension even when missing from file name entered.
- Improved many error messages for clarity.
- Moved to 64-bit-only on Windows, greatly reducing crashes.
- Added menu item to reveal preferences folder.
- Object properties window now always shows shape properties (in addition to component properties).
- Texture seam display is now per-object.
- Texture seams can now be marked using highlighted edges.
- Cleaned up internal code.
- New app icon.
- Lots of other bug fixes.
DOWNLOAD SILO 2.5: http://nevercenter.com/silo
|08 August 2017|
We just made another update (v2.5.02) live on the site. Grab it from http://nevercenter.com/silo/download_file
2.5.02 is a small bug-fixing update, and includes:
- Fixed FBX bugs and improved FBX loading speed
- Fixed a rare issue leading to white/black screen on startup on some systems
- Fixed scaling for Windows on HiDPI screens (note full retina support is still in progress, so it will appear slightly blurry)
We appreciate all of the great feedback we've had so far that's helped us target bugs and make improvements!
(Jamchild, Feed, or Presque from the old silo3d forums)
|reply share thread|